• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Yanagiba - *Sold*

Up for sale: AEBL Ironwood / Macassar Ebony Yanagiba

This is a good entry level Yanagiba. Here are the specs and photos. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

AEB-L at 62
Handle: Desert Ironwood (one piece) and Macassar Ebony finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax (boos block board cream) for easy maintenance and conditioning. Just rub some in when needed.
Thickness at spine .125 in (3.17 mm)
Blade length 10.47 in (266 mm), no taper
Blade height 1.46 in (37 mm)
Shinogi at .792 (20 mm)
Chisel Grind at @ 10 deg to zero edge
Urasuki via 14 inch wheel
Handle Length 5.4 in (138 mm)
Front Handle width / height .7 inches by (18mm) by .9 inches (23mm)
OAL 16.5 in (419 mm)

This blade is ground to zero and stoned at 400 on the urasuki. Front is not stone finished. That will be up to the new owner.

1-Yanagiba-1.jpg

1-Yanagiba-2.jpg

1-Yanagiba-3.jpg

1-Yanagiba-3a.jpg

1-Yanagiba-4.jpg

1-Yanagiba-5.jpg

1-Yanagiba-6.jpg

1-Yanagiba-7.jpg

I am asking $195.00 plus shipping.
Payment is via PayPal or money order. The first "I'll take it" via PM or thread post will be honored.
PM me for details after purchase. It will be shipped quickly.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
That looks splendid! I imagine it's hard to get the grind "just right" on a long blade like that.

Really great blade there! At a steal of a price! Congrats to whoever snags this one.

Nice work Mark. I've been wanting to make something similar and was wondering if my 14" wheel would be big enough. Now I know. Thanks. Do you have any tips, tricks, or advice for someone about to try a Urasuki for the first time?

Thanks all for the kind comments. Darrin, I'll email you some thoughts on the urasuki. I learned a few things on this one.

Back