Yangdu's deals for 8-17-04 Pix and good buys

8-17-04deals.JPG

29 inch 35 Ounce Nepali Tarwar by Bura. Perfect $145.00 UBBB

21 inch 27 Ounce new Kobra by Bura. Another perfect rig take it for $95.00

22 inch 31 Ounce Dui Cherra by Bura. Small chipped in handle otherwise pretty good Khukuri. $150.00 UBBB

20 inch 29 Ounce movie model by bura. Perfect $95.00

17 inch 26 Ounce Ganga Ram with beautiful carved horn handle by Bura. $150.00 UBBB

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes!!! I got me a Dui Chirra!!! Yeeeeaaaaaahhh Baby!!! Some of the bills are gonna get paid late this month but oh boy is it worth it!

Carved grip dui chirra tarwar kobra

:eek:

Boy did I choose the right day to come home!

Fingers & toes crossed.............

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<> call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-TWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links--A--T--H--D

Maybe it's the angle...maybe it's that it's a Bura, not a Kumar, but that Kobra looks odd. :confused:

Lots of BGRS offerings lately.

John

A tarwar and a dui chirra is just too much. I am in pain. Forget it, they are all great. What a block of great work.

Spectre said:
Maybe it's the angle...maybe it's that it's a Bura, not a Kumar, but that Kobra looks odd. :confused:

Lots of BGRS offerings lately.

John

Can it really be called a Kobra? I've been looking at Kobra photos from past threads and this beauty is very different. I think this is a new one of a kind.

Man, somebody grab that GR, before I do. Pleeeeeeeeeeeas.

I'm so tapped out.

Mark T

Wow that kobra looks like it was edited in photoshop:) The big thick tip on that blade reminds me more of the head of a gaboon viper than a cobra! Very cool, indeed.

~Jake

Yes, that's a different Kobra alright. I like it. Bet it delivers a much more substancial blow than typical Kobra, both weight and the swell at the end.

munk

I've never handled a standard kobra, but I've always wondered if it was really suited to the chopping blows at which most khukuris excell. With no real belly it always looked more like a draw-cut weapon to me.

You've seen "stretch limousines?"

That's a "stretch 12 inch ak." :)

Had to happen. BirGorkha goes Hollywood. Started with the "movie model," now this.

Ah well. Change happens.

Kis

With a few more ounces of steel, and a little different shape, that Kobra could grow up to be a Kora.

Really nice blades.

Steve

Back