Yard Slicer

Arrived! View attachment 1453275View attachment 1453276What a great thin little blade! I trimmed some fat from a tri-tip with it. This blade shape is perfect for this trimming task. View attachment 1453278View attachment 1453277The patina has started to form. I plan to use this knife a lot in the kitchen. I put it in the knife block to be used. Once I get my shieth from David Brown, this blade will be on camping kitchen duty as well. Maybe I’ll use my coated version for camp duty. I ordered my satin blade right away. Then got tempted back to the trough for a coated #2. View attachment 1453279Here is the patina after one use. I plan to just use this one and see how the patina forms without forcing it.
That's always a fun journey.

Try
Potatoes
Jalapenos
Apples
Freshly cooked chicken

Itll get all purply

Ding! ... I got naked. Could be waiting on coated blades so next round of nekkids are up?

Is Ding a shipping notice or actually holding It in hand???

Mine is coming tomorrow.... :D

Typically a "ding" means the credit card was charged. Then up to two weeks later, a shipping notice. And finally, some time later (mostly depending on the distance from Wauseon), delivery and knife in hand.

Typically a "ding" means the credit card was charged. Then up to two weeks later, a shipping notice. And finally, some time later (mostly depending on the distance from Wauseon), delivery and knife in hand.

This WS1020 is the fastest I ever experience besides the ganzas.
2 weeks ding from date of order, 1 day shipping notice after payment :D:thumbsup:

Here are a couple pics with my Howling Rat

g03rrOTm.jpg

iaWdQWbm.jpg

Nice buck :thumbsup:

How did the knife perform?

Allow me preface this by saying that I've been hunting pretty hard for the last 7 years and have used my hg55 LE religiously despite several of my hunting buddies saying that's too big of a knife for skinning. I would press on and as my skills progressed I could make short work of about anything with my 55 but the last two years as I have gotten more into backpack hunting I came to the conclusion I needed to shave a little knife weight out of my pack which is how I arrived at the ws1020.

So..........with all that being said the 1020 is light and you don't even notice it on your belt or in your pack but it is a workhorse, it made short work dressing this deer out, the edge held up extremely well and it is super super sharp, I love the blade thickness, the handle is extremely comfortable, its just the right size. My only concern is the steel choice, specifically under the handle, I don't mind the extra care that sr101 requires but I do have concerns about rust under the res-c, I would love to see a limited run of these that are cerakoted to alleviate this concern. I'm also interested to know if there is any coating under the res c.

Nice buck @Nemisis ! That looks just the size knife I prefer for belt carry or pack carry on a hunting trip. Big enough to do the job (it looks plenty big atop that deer) but light weight and less cumbersome to be a bother. Still waiting for my sage coated knife.

Nice buck @Nemisis ! That looks just the size knife I prefer for belt carry or pack carry on a hunting trip. Big enough to do the job (it looks plenty big atop that deer) but light weight and less cumbersome to be a bother. Still waiting for my sage coated knife.

Back