Yard Slicer

Maybe Garth can chime in and let us know if its coated under the handle.
That being said I have never heard of people having problems.
They know people will skin with this and they know SR101 can rust.
It is definitely my new skinning knife of choice and like I said I have no problem at all with the extra care sr101 requires it’s just that I can’t do anything under the handle, even if it were to rust under there I’d imagine it would take a couple lifetimes to be a “problem”

Amazing how light this knife is.
Here's a quick pic of the blade.
QgqvCu3.jpg

This is my First from the family....
I bought a bunch of knives this year, but so far This might be my Favorite....Wow, I Really like Everything about this!!!!
Great blade, Great grip, Good User!

Normally I mod stuff, but I can't think of anything I'd change? I'm sure This will be a HUGE seller.... Good Job!

Allow me preface this by saying that I've been hunting pretty hard for the last 7 years and have used my hg55 LE religiously despite several of my hunting buddies saying that's too big of a knife for skinning. I would press on and as my skills progressed I could make short work of about anything with my 55 but the last two years as I have gotten more into backpack hunting I came to the conclusion I needed to shave a little knife weight out of my pack which is how I arrived at the ws1020.

So..........with all that being said the 1020 is light and you don't even notice it on your belt or in your pack but it is a workhorse, it made short work dressing this deer out, the edge held up extremely well and it is super super sharp, I love the blade thickness, the handle is extremely comfortable, its just the right size. My only concern is the steel choice, specifically under the handle, I don't mind the extra care that sr101 requires but I do have concerns about rust under the res-c, I would love to see a limited run of these that are cerakoted to alleviate this concern. I'm also interested to know if there is any coating under the res c.
When I get one it will be coated. Then I'll strip the coating a bit in front of the handle.

Under the handle remains coated, nice slicey bare steel for cuttin.

Back