Yard Slicer

My pack arrived today! :D 4 Nekkid and one Sage. :cool:

These are some of the thinnest behind the edge of any Busse/kin I've EVER received!!! :eek: :thumbsup: My uncoated examples average 0.022" BTE (ranging from 0.020" - 0.024", mostly 0.022" - 0.023"), and my Sage-coated one measures average 0.019" BTE (ranging from 0.015" - 0.022", mostly 0.019"). :cool: I am extremely impressed!!! Just wish the edge bevels were as small as the Sage one on all of them, but they're not too far off.

I measure the naked ones at 0.116" thick, and the Sage-coated at 0.124" thick, both at the ricasso.

Home run on this one Dan!!! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

Nekkid! :D
IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

Sage-coated. Look at that tiny edge bevel! :cool: :D
IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

Pairs
IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

My whole pack! :D
IMG_6304.jpg

The black sheath. Nice and snug fit, it's tight enough that I should be able to wet form this one nicely. :thumbsup:
IMG_6305.jpg

I haven't been around for a while but when I saw this one a few weeks ago I knew I had to get one. It finally arrived in Europe! :)

I couldn't be more pleased with the knife! Super light, very nice grind, crazy sharp! The Res-C handle is very comfortable and looks quite durable, it's my first Bussekin with this material and I might try to get another one...

The black leather sheath is OK, good stitching, very snug fit, I might try to get a kydex sheath at some point though.

Yard-Slicer.jpg

Forced vinegar patina keeps the naked sr101 very rust proof and noticed it takes and holds alot of mineral oil for a second defense. 0 issues with mine and theyve all been put away wet and dirty ..

Got mine Saturday, one satin and one hammered silver. The satin immediately went to work prying open some windows in my house that were painted shut. The thinness and toughness make this possibly the perfect small busse kin! My only regret is that I didn't get the leather sheath.

Did I mention the knife was sharp? :D

It cut right through the sheath when I put it back in. So I guess kydex it is!

Or does someone here have an idea on how to patch up the sheath?

Sheath.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine Saturday, one satin and one hammered silver. The satin immediately went to work prying open some windows in my house that were painted shut. The thinness and toughness make this possibly the perfect small busse kin! My only regret is that I didn't get the leather sheath.
Nice choice! Would love to see pics of that hammered silver.

Sheath.jpg

I’ve done that sooooo many times. I’ve never found a way to fix it though. A leather repair place in my area told me the repair would cost more than a new sheath.

:confused::confused::confused:
I’ve done that sooooo many times. I’ve never found a way to fix it though. A leather repair place in my area told me the repair would cost more than a new sheath.

Yup I feel pretty bad about it. Two days after receiving it...

Sheath.jpg
It will probably look like crap, but I'd cut out a section of plastic milk just, a patch large enough to cover the slice (or maybe the whole side, since it will probably eventually try to open the slice further. Then tape the patch down with black gorilla tape, maybe wrapped all the way around. Like I said, it won't look pretty, but it will probably hold until you can get a replacement sheath. It's what I would do.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that.

I had a leather strap lying around so I just wrapped the sheath in this for now. I should just have been more careful while inserting the knife into the sheath...

Helped my buddy butcher a deer just before Thanksgiving, then cleaned 10 Kokanee salmon with mine last weekend. Earned this patina... :D

The patina is highly unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it, reminds me of a starscape photo of a nebula like you'd see from Hubble. :cool: It was extremely difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do, and it still doesn't do it justice. Not sure what caused it to look like this, maybe fish slime? No idea, but it's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

Very cool I wish I could duplicate it
but no deer or salmon laying around :)

Helped my buddy butcher a deer just before Thanksgiving, then cleaned 10 Kokanee salmon with mine last weekend. Earned this patina... :D

The patina is highly unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it, reminds me of a starscape photo of a nebula like you'd see from Hubble. :cool: It was extremely difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do, and it still doesn't do it justice. Not sure what caused it to look like this, maybe fish slime? No idea, but it's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1467463

View attachment 1467464

View attachment 1467461

View attachment 1467462

Back