Yard Wharncliffe!!

How are y’all liking the edge on your yard wharnie? Mine seams a little ruff. It will cut paper, but not smoothly. Kind of tears it’s way thru. The edge looks like it was sharpened with a rough grit. I would think this thin blade would have a nice fine edge and be a super slicer. I will probably just sharpen it. Just wondering if mine was a isolated incident. Or did the yard grind them this way for durability or something.

Y
How are y’all liking the edge on your yard wharnie? Mine seams a little ruff. It will cut paper, but not smoothly. Kind of tears it’s way thru. The edge looks like it was sharpened with a rough grit. I would think this thin blade would have a nice fine edge and be a super slicer. I will probably just sharpen it. Just wondering if mine was a isolated incident. Or did the yard grind them this way for durability or something.
Yikes! I’m picking mine up after work tonight. Hoping for nice edge. I guess we shall see

I always gotta fix them up. To get that perfect apex.
Mine has a decent edge. Not sure if I’m going to hold on to it though. Might put it up for trade. I’m bummed I missed out on the previous offering so o might see if I can trade into one. Idk. This knife is very nice. We shall see

Does anyone know if the leather sheath that comes with the yard wharncliffe will fit the yard slicer?

I won't post a picture as there likely isn't much variance in the uncoated look but i did want to add in that this handle type is insanely comfortable !! Makes me want a larger blade w/ the exact same handle.

Mine came somewhat dull. This is only the second Busse-kin knife I've ever received that wasn't super-sharp, out of perhaps 30ish of them over the last 20 years. I sharpened it with my Ken Onion Work Sharp, and now it has a very sharp edge. I was sloppy and the sharpener nicked it a bit and scratched it a bit, but it's functionally intact, and it's destined for heavy use anyway. The initial dullness was a bit disappointing, but now I'm very happy with how it cuts, and with the comfort and control it provides.

Mine came somewhat dull. This is only the second Busse-kin knife I've ever received that wasn't super-sharp, out of perhaps 30ish of them over the last 20 years. I sharpened it with my Ken Onion Work Sharp, and now it has a very sharp edge. I was sloppy and the sharpener nicked it a bit and scratched it a bit, but it's functionally intact, and it's destined for heavy use anyway. The initial dullness was a bit disappointing, but now I'm very happy with how it cuts, and with the comfort and control it provides.
Pics!!

Back