YCS

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
17 inch 27 ounce YCS by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Amazing work by Kumar! Take this beauty home tonight at $399. *SOLD*
YCS found a perfect home in Canada, thank you

OS0lufa.jpg

CCkuMDQ.jpg

rSVudrT.jpg

Alr9FkP.jpg

Y7OQz0Z.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
There ya go EricTheRedBeard. No Yin Yang on this one either.
These are awesome to own!!!
Dang! What a beaut. I suppose you are right. I guess the yin yangs are not on many of them. I will own one of these someday. I do want the yin yangs on mine. I wouldn't mind just owning a pair of those YCS kardas neither. We have seen some gorgeous pieces and real deals here recently. I used my last pennies on that beast a while back. Otherwise I'd have snagged that sarge knife the other day.

The YCS with the Yin/Yang was the first knife I bought from Yangdu. It's a beautiful knife. I loved it so much that I bought one for my brother. He was awe struck by it.
This is the knife that made me an HI fan. It's magnificent.

I don't know about that - it seems like the awl with the broken-off tip has become a tradition...

I don't know about that - it seems like the awl with the broken-off tip has become a tradition...
Yeah, I think this is probably something we need to request to Yangdu, to relay to Kami Sherpa to relay to Kumar. Probably needs to be in the manner of "Buyers would like a pointy awl" instead of "You've been doing it wrong for years"

you could easily sharpen it I suppose. Since YCS comes with two Kardas I use mine to burnish.

Somebody once posted that when Yvsa sent a model of the design to the kamis, the tip of the model awl broke off in shipping. The kamis thought that was part of the design and made it that way. The rest is history. At least that's the way I heard it.

That's the story I heard and read about long ago too. Attempts to correct the miscommunication never seemed to work and they have been this way ever since.

Yvsa Cherokee Special. lotta memories there.

(btw, if history is any teacher, any change suggested may result in the karda and chakma with broken tips to match the awl. Sometimes the results of instructions are hilarious. There's the tale of the shrunken bowie I recall. :) )

I will get one of these some day. All out of dough at the moment. For the time being, I will stare at this picture for a while. That blade looks like liquid metal.

Back