1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Yellow schrade 835Y

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Garza, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Garza

Garza

May 8, 2015
    Found a Schrade
    NY USA
    835Y
    First one in my little collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Nice shadow pattern, I like those a lot. :thumbsup:

3. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I believe that those shadow bolster yellow knives came three ways that I can think of, although the 3 parameters might have been mixed (?). Anyway, number 1: Swinden pin construction with fake rivets that are not actually blade pivots; number 2: real blade pivot rivets (earlier, obviously), and number 3; whether they were yellow celluloid or yellow Delrin. The yellow celluloid found in this pattern was notoriously infamous for catastrophic failure. The knife posted above is Delrin and appears to have Swinden pin construction. I am basing this on something I read long ago and am not personally sure of what I am saying.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Codger_64 likes this.
  4. Garza

Garza

May 8, 2015
    I like old, how old do you guys think this is?

5. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    1973 or later.

6. Garza

Garza

May 8, 2015
    Thanks

7. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a Schrade Walden version I believe with real rivets that are closer to the ends of the knife (not Swinden construction) and has Delrin handles. Its hard to find this pattern without rivet cracks. They often have advertising on the back side. This pattern was nicknamed the Dude.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Bloefield and Codger_64 like this.