• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Yet one more "Andre De Villiers doesn't know how to conduct himself" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly bump

;):thumbup::D

I am not saying trying to get a question answered means suspicion and shady character with/on anybody.
And, I haven't ever handled owned or spoke to the Maker.
Imo the knives look pretty nice on some levels

It really is a hard narrow road to back out from, agred with but from a "fake threat" point of view?
I think I would be mad if somebody somehow was supporting fakes of my knives if I was a maker and was not investigating it through formal charges with a lawyer.
I think I have said somethings with duress in the landscape, I'd feel duress if my livlyhood as somehow threatened.
Just my 2centaboes

This morning I wake up to YouTube comment from none other than ADV himself. He and I had a back and forth via YouTube comments on a video about one of his knives, mind you this was six months ago. Out of nowhere, this morning he calls me out about refusing a full refund and screwing the edge up of the knife I had problems with. Insanity ensues:

ADV_zpstce5e2bi.png

Yep, so he falsely accuses me out of nowhere and then recants after he realizes he's a total moron with no impulse control. This guy is so out of control I can't believe he still sells knives. The best part is that he said the problem with my knife could have been easily corrected. Yeah, it could have been if he ever responded to my emails!

This morning I wake up to YouTube comment from none other than ADV himself. He and I had a back and forth via YouTube comments on a video about one of his knives, mind you this was six months ago. Out of nowhere, this morning he calls me out about refusing a full refund and screwing the edge up of the knife I had problems with. Insanity ensues:

ADV_zpstce5e2bi.png

Yep, so he falsely accuses me out of nowhere and then recants after he realizes he's a total moron with no impulse control. This guy is so out of control I can't believe he still sells knives. The best part is that he said the problem with my knife could have been easily corrected. Yeah, it could have been if he ever responded to my emails!

This guy seems mentally ill.

When you can't keep all your mistakes straight it's time to slow down and get things right. It's such a shame because the guy clearly has talent and doesn't really even seem dishonest, just seems like a jerk with a short temper, long memory and poor impulse control.

When you can't keep all your mistakes straight it's time to slow down and get things right. It's such a shame because the guy clearly has talent and doesn't really even seem dishonest, just seems like a jerk with a short temper, long memory and poor impulse control.

Head of nail, meet hammer

ADV_zpstce5e2bi.png

This is an epic fail.

Guy makes accusation. Realizes he's an idiot. Doesn't apologize and, seemingly, doesn't even try to fix the underlying problem.

This is THE reason why I dont OWN any of his knives
Or any Makers knives that act like an :thumbdn:""ASS"":thumbdn:
Poor all the way around.

I've seen many of his knives and would love to purchase one but.... No thanks. He's not THAT talented.

I bought one of his knives that was part of an estate sale many years ago. It was beautiful, razor sharp and a work of art... more like the Thorburg's shown above. Anyway, sad to learn of his mental or personality disorder and associated toxic people/business skills.

This just makes my decision not to buy this guy's knives so much easier. A) they look horrible (subjective, of course) and B) he seems to act like a child (looking like a fact here).

I've seen many of his knives and would love to purchase one but.... No thanks. He's not THAT talented.

I bought one of his knives that was part of an estate sale many years ago. It was beautiful, razor sharp and a work of art... more like the Thorburg's shown above. Anyway, sad to learn of his mental or personality disorder and associated toxic people/business skills.

This just makes my decision not to buy this guy's knives so much easier. A) they look horrible (subjective, of course) and B) he seems to act like a child (looking like a fact here).

Yea...its just not worth dealing with a schizo for what amounts to be a nice but sometimes badly constructed knife.

I was taking a serious look at ADV for my next knife. So glad I researched the guy after seeing a strange exchange in a YouTube thread. Going to move on down the road....

It might just be me but seems like ADV has disappeared from the knife scene. I don't see nearly as much of his knives for sale as I used to.

Maybe its the bad rep or maybe its the god awful business practices.

It might just be me but seems like ADV has disappeared from the knife scene. I don't see nearly as much of his knives for sale as I used to.

His knives are still going to dealers, but I think everyone is very much sick of them at this point. It's the same couple of models for years now, backed up by a man of terrible business practices.

^ I know that he was in Vegas at Shot Show last year.

I actually had wondered if he returned again this year (I opted not to go)? At one time, a couple of his models were on my grail list; I came very close to pulling the trigger on 3-4 BF's sales thread's...

I'm so glad, I didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back