Yo! Pics this week! (Friday Night Update)

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I hope everyone has a great week! I have lots in store.

Boot Knife in CPM-3V! This one is chisel ground and will likely get a scale on only the ground side so it will carry very nicely when concealed. If I understand correctly the single sided style is an old school approach to the boot knife. I still need to do more hand sanding on the fuller, etc as this one has not been heat treated yet... I'm just really excited about this project and had to share it!

2 new ones in 52100! The drop point on the right/bottom is done in my old school handle style! The one on the left is something completely new and inspired by the ergonomic handles often seen on modern Bowie knives.

Here's the progress on my concrete Smithy table! i took off the mold boards and flipped it... it had a cool wood grain effect from the OSB but I sanded it smooth to 14,000 grit with my wet grinder and is now pretty glossy. I decided I'm going to go get some Portland cement to fill in the rough spots then resurface it later.

Acid stain is on the way too, once I'm done this will look like a rock slab...

Wow, cool boot knife! Looking balanced it should be fast and light. Nice work, Daniel!!

THAT'S a boot-knife!
WTG, Daniel!
btw, you cud use really thin handle scales.

^ I like that Rolf.

Big thanks Ben, it sure is!

Check out my disc sander build!

[video=youtube;/TNAoJYRbnUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/TNAoJYRbnUY[/video]

D, that boot knife is wicked bad a$$! :thumbup:

How many things did you get accomplished today, Daniel... 50 or more?
:D

How many things did you get accomplished today, Daniel... 50 or more?
:D

:D Close!

I ground 6 Backpackers, a new design and a mini-dashi! I sanded, chamfered and hand filed the Backpackers then blasted them.

I also final ground 4 prybars, signed, tumbled and etched them then tumbled one more time. They look good!

Oh yeah :D I mailed out 3 blades to Darriel Caston that I carbidized and sharpened. They are for the new release of his Spyderco collaboration knife the SquareTana! I was lucky enough to work on one with a Sterling Silver scale! You guys really need to check out his work if you have not, it is incredible from the design down to the final details. Look out for a possible full on collab here soon! I shared pics of the work I did over in Shoptalk...

Friday Night Forging!

W1 Steel Aikuchi - I forged this from 3/8" W1 rod, it is probably just under a foot long. It's annealing right now in the forge...

Thanks guys!

The forge is a lot of fun and it is getting some side use too... comes in pretty handy here for more than I thought.

Here's how the Aikuchi is coming along! An Aikuchi is basically a tanto or sword with no Tsuba or Guard. The sheath (saya) and handle (tsuka) line up smoothly. I want this one to be long and sleek with a very clean look. No cord wrap on this one, I'm going to do something with the wood.

Wow....lot of items in that stack.lol Afew more boxes and then you might need a trailer. :

Donnie

Back