Yojimbo 2 on its way!

David Nowlin

Gold Member
Been wanting this Spyderco configuration for a little while and finally did it. Helps that i just got off Knife purchase probation that was imposed by you know who at the start of the year.
Wife said it was ok then asked “how many knives do you need?” Pondering my response: 1.Apparently more than i have?
2.Knives are like tools, men need tools.
3. I will never be a one knife man. 4. How many pairs of shoes do you need? 5. Its cheaper than a new gun?
Think i just said “Pretty please i been a good boy.”
Anyway its on its way and the anticipation builds!!
Yojimbo owners any opinions on this knife would be cool.
DN

My wife will argue the cheaper than a new gun and win. Lol. (I like my CRK's)

The YO2 is a great knife. Very functional beyond self defense. I have the 20cv with carbon fiber, and both BHQ models. They are great knives.

BHQ/USPS wants me to have a classic case of blue balls!!! I checked my tracking this morning and it said “out for delivery”. Needless to say, it was a good day knowing my new blade would be home before me. I checked the tracking when I left work...”delivered”. Got home... nothin! Wtf!!! I’m not sure who I need to stab but they’re safe!!! Cause my damn knife isn’t here!!!!! SO. MUCH. ANGRY. Hope you get yours soon!!!

Which yoji 2 did you get? I have about 20 knives all worth over 100 and carry 5 knives at a time every day. Have handled hundreds and this includes reeves and shirogorov but I'll say that yojimbo 2 is one of the best I ever messed with. I have owned 3 thus far because they're affordable and easy to carry. It's a great knife, beat the shit out of the s30v one and sold it, sold the blade of the s90v one, they all work well, great blade design, amazing deployment and retraction, easy to break down and clean.

RLxBlPA.jpg

9.5/10 knife.

15557517304477402474599282708842.jpg 15557517764635386014848626963765.jpg 1555751821531990730429736737282.jpg 15557518608182020453374213186725.jpg
Been wanting this Spyderco configuration for a little while and finally did it. Helps that i just got off Knife purchase probation that was imposed by you know who at the start of the year.
Wife said it was ok then asked “how many knives do you need?” Pondering my response: 1.Apparently more than i have?
2.Knives are like tools, men need tools.
3. I will never be a one knife man. 4. How many pairs of shoes do you need? 5. Its cheaper than a new gun?
Think i just said “Pretty please i been a good boy.”
Anyway its on its way and the anticipation builds!!
Yojimbo owners any opinions on this knife would be cool.
DN
Gotta love it!

So David, which one ARE you waiting for? I kinda assumed it was the sprint run based on the time of your post. That’s what I’m waiting for. I still haven’t seen it. Like I said, it said it was delivered. I’ll have to figure it out tomorrow. I picked up a para 3 yesterday since the Yojimbo is missing. I can’t believe I ignored Spyderco for so long. I bought my first a month ago and have 3 now! They’re quickly taking over in my rotation!

Yojimbo 2 is a great knife. The compression lock would pinch my finger ever so slightly but it wasn't a problem. I gave mine to a friend but may end up getting another.

So David, which one ARE you waiting for? I kinda assumed it was the sprint run based on the time of your post. That’s what I’m waiting for. I still haven’t seen it. Like I said, it said it was delivered. I’ll have to figure it out tomorrow. I picked up a para 3 yesterday since the Yojimbo is missing. I can’t believe I ignored Spyderco for so long. I bought my first a month ago and have 3 now! They’re quickly taking over in my rotation!

Popular for a reason. ;)

Popular for a reason. ;)
Yeah man, it’s funny. I set out to grab a para 2 but landed on the 3 and I can’t stop playin with it. I found a really cool shop in Tacoma, Wa called Vulcan. Their selection was cool but their prices were pretty tough to swallow. They had a para 2 with the digi Camo scales for $288. I’m pretty sure the exact steel/scale combo is on blade hq for around $150. I like to support the Ma and Pa shops but not at twice the price.

Those ridged scales are very easy to find, all over if you google, ebay too.

Which sprint are you waiting for? The black m4? I'd love to get the black s90v one myself, put it in my old CF scales/frame.

Those ridged scales are very easy to find, all over if you google, ebay too.

Which sprint are you waiting for? The black m4? I'd love to get the black s90v one myself, put it in my old CF scales/frame.
I’m waiting for the black M4. s90v would probably be a better choice for me too since I spend most my life in Seattle. I’m hoping the coating counters the humidity

Update for anyone who was wondering how this would shake out... I talked to blade hq this morning. Explained how it said delivered but still hasn’t been. Verified my address. They said some what seemed to be bs about usps scanning large shipments as delivered all at once and that if I don’t have it by the 26th they’ll send another one... I’m not real confident since there’s no way to prove to them that I don’t have it. Hopefully it shows up and I don’t have to deal with that scenario... stay tuned...

Ps. I realize I’ve now hijacked this post entirely and I’m not sure but I think I may have botched some unwritten etiquette laws in the process. My bad

That's fine man, I'm interested. OP didn't respond to any of us so maybe he doesn't care, just opinion. Still where do you live? My buddy in vegas says UPS steals stuff and it was national news when he caught them. He sells knives and kratom and they were stealing kgs of the kratom.

ANYWAY that really sucks that it's the black M4 that was lost in shipment. Its' not like there's an unlimited amount of them, and I hope you get yours soon. That is if it's your first yoji 2, we all need one.

ANYHOO
I kinda wanted to make a post in this thread about titanium scales. Does anyone know anyone who made titanium scales for the yoji 2? I'd love to get one of the brown handle ones and put ti on. If I get the black M4 I would throw it on my old CF.

I’m in Bonney Lake WA. The tracking is pretty detailed. The expected delivery changed on Friday. Initially it said Saturday by 8pm. Friday morning it changed to Friday by 8pm. Our mailboxes are locked as well so it’s not like someone stole it after delivery.

And yes. It’s my first yoji. There’s a few left at the warehouse for situations like these. Does Spyderco ever release any info on how many were made? These ones sold out really fast it felt like.

That’s awesome that your buddy caught them! How exactly did he do that?

Update:
Still no knife. Talked to usps. They are “launching an investigation” and should be calling by Friday with their findings. Friday is also the day blade hq sends a replacement if I haven’t received the first one by then.

To all that might be worried about my health i’m just fine. Just been so busy lately. Seems since i retired i have no time? How the heck i got anything done working 6 days a week 10-14 hrs a day is mind boggling now?
And i love all the comments and info except hearing about the one lost in the mail. Hope it works out for you. I did get mine and its just the basic s30v with black g-10. I really love s30v.

Back