Yojimbo 2 S90V Knifeworks exclusive pre-order

I've EDC'd a Y2 for a few weeks, really like everything about it. I got my pre-order in, I guess I can keep my user Y2 and unload my other S30V Y2 now....

Looks like after a couple weeks, KW still has some of these for sale.

By comparison, the CRUWEAR Manix 2 seems to have sold out everywhere.
Is it just the price difference?

I was expecting both to sell out pretty fast, but seems like this one is taking a little longer...?

Looks like after a couple weeks, KW still has some of these for sale.

By comparison, the CRUWEAR Manix 2 seems to have sold out everywhere.
Is it just the price difference?

I was expecting both to sell out pretty fast, but seems like this one is taking a little longer...?

I thought the Yo2-S90V would have sold out in a day. But then again there are between 800 and 1200 up for pre-order. So who knows. This is the knife I have been looking forward to the most in the last 5 years. So excited !

I believe Yojimbo2 has a limited appeal and the KW Exclusive at $230 limits the market further.

I was super excited about it, but in recent months having picked up a Manix 2 CRUWEAR and a Manix 2 in S110V, the excitement for this one has diminished a little....
I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber, so it's kinda hard for me to pick the Yojimbo 2 when I got both Manix 2s for about the same price....

I'm just sorry that KW has limited the Yo2-S90V to only 2 per customer. I would have pre-ordered more if they let me. But 2 will have to do.

Finally some pics from the KW Facebook page. They're not on the actual site yet though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406346363.871998.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406346378.471521.jpg

Is the Knife Works exclusive identical to the regular Yo 2, just with upgraded steel and CF? The blade profile looks a bit different in the pics, but it may just be my eyes.

not just your eyes..... im seeing it too

Looks great to me! I'm just surprised they didn't sell out much quicker.

We're still a ways away from finishing the order, but I must say the sample that I received for approval is a fine piece. I'm sure this will make Mike grin. He should be proud.

sal

Well, I'm about the pull the trigger on the pre-order. Always wanted a Yo2, but never got around to getting one....so is only seems appropriate to get this one! Just got a cruwear manix last week and hopefully this one will arrive within the next few weeks. Hopefully they'll be in soon!

Has anyone received their's yet ?

KnifeWorks estimated to get these from Spyderco by the end of July ("We were told to expect 400 pieces at the end of July with the rest to follow.") but from Sal's post of July 26th it looks like it'll be a while longer. I'm thinking sometime this month...

KnifeWorks estimated to get these from Spyderco by the end of July ("We were told to expect 400 pieces at the end of July with the rest to follow.") but from Sal's post of July 26th it looks like it'll be a while longer. I'm thinking sometime this month...

Oh yes I remember that post. I'm really in no rush. I'm happy as long as they ship by September. Also , I'm very surprised that they still haven't sold out. It's been almost 4 weeks since pre-orders began and they're still available.

Back