Yojimbo 2 S90V Knifeworks exclusive pre-order

Got mine in today and I'm impressed.

Mine are perfect in every way.

Indeed. Mine is as well. I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the knife but I like it very much. Nice blade, nice handle, great balance. This one is a winner and is definitely going to join the ranks of my regular EDCs.

I don't get this knife. What is the appeal? The blade geometry does nothing for me. Kinda looks like an expensive modified box cutter. What would this knife be used for? It seems like it's a very niche blade. Help me understand.

It's used to solve problems. Imagine you're blocked in an alley by a very large woman with a bone through her nose and a spiked club hanging off of her jeggings. This handy tool allows you to open a hole in her big enough to step through and make your escape.

Designed by noted personal-defense trainer Michael Janich, the Yojimbo 2 is a pioneer in the application of the Wharncliffe blade. Refined ergonomics complement the natural contours of the hand, ensuring maximum surface contact and positive control. They also encourage a thumb-forward grip and make the blade a natural extension of the hand. The straight cutting edge offers extreme cutting performance by transferring power all the way to the tip and ensures improved point strength. The handle has nested stainless steel liners and a Compression Lock.
[video=youtube;1BZYPPDApj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BZYPPDApj0[/video]

I absolutely love the Yo2 design. And my Yo2-S90V is 100% perfect in every way. It was so worth the wait. I love it.

It's used to solve problems. Imagine you're blocked in an alley by a very large woman with a bone through her nose and a spiked club hanging off of her jeggings. This handy tool allows you to open a hole in her big enough to step through and make your escape.
Thanks. My Szabo has that job covered already. :thumbup:
[video=youtube;1BZYPPDApj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BZYPPDApj0[/video]

Thanks.

Love mine as well. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to sent it to spyderco, as there is a chip on the blade near the tip (and a matching mark on the end standoff). Kinda sucks, but a week or so shipping and it should be taken care of.

I don't get this knife. What is the appeal? The blade geometry does nothing for me. Kinda looks like an expensive modified box cutter. What would this knife be used for? It seems like it's a very niche blade. Help me understand.

Well, just like a box cutter, it is very good at.....cutting! Joking aside I kinda thought the same thing when I first saw the Yo 2, but now I own and carry one almost daily, I see the appeal. It has a fine tip for piercing and is a great all around utility blade. Plus the comp lock is great. I've never used mine to slice up a person, but I've slice many other things with it and it performed marvelously.

I received my knife today.I had doubts in my mind whether or not I would like the knife style and design.I have one word to describe this exclusive.....SWEET! This knife will add a unique variation to my collection and the F&F is outstanding.This knife has some serious character and the materials used along with the compression lock is outstanding.This one may be highly sought after down the line and I suggest you try to get one if it floats your boat and have the cash to spare.

I just received mine today. I was kind of expecting a CF finish like my Domino. When I opened up the box and played around a little, I became impressed. The scales are grippy to say the least. This thing is not going to slip out of your hand!

My Yojimbo S90V schedule to be deliver by Sept 18 to Portland, but tracking shows the package is at Honolulu... :confused:

I love the Carbon Fiber on this one. Its looks beautiful and has a substantial amount of grip. Mine arrived gritty, noisy, and difficult to open. I took it apart, gave the liners a sanding, lubed her up, and five minutes later she's smooth as silk. I'm sure it would have smoothed out on its own, but I like to tinker.

My dad and I both got ours the other day. Needless to say this is my favorite knife. Definitely not an EDC for work tho.

Mine has the slightest vertical play. But I have to apply some pressure to get it. Is this normal for this lock type?

I'm super ocd about any blade play. It's almost like a "flex" you can't see the blade moving at all up and down.

I put my order in last night. Thanks Knifeworks, Michael Janich and Sal (and everyone else at Spyderco) for making this happen.

Well guys I have the best wife ever. I ordered mine in and it turns out my wife ordered me one for our anniversary as well. She didn't know that I already got myself one but it is all good. I just opened them up and am blown away. If you are contemplating getting one I say go for it. These are truly awesome.

Back