You Can Own Only One - Which Benchmade?

An easy call for me -- a Benchmade Model 62 Bali.

I only buy BM for its autos/balis. I've got the Model 62, 4 BM autos and a Model 51 Morpho bali. If I ever sold them, the Model 62 is the last of these BMs that I'd sell.

PS: Forgot that I still ave a BM Crooked River (w/grey scales). One of the 1st BM folders that I bought; sold all the others. No real need for it and will never use it. Should probably sell it too but I do like the way it looks and how smoothly it opens. It would be a hard call but I'd still sell it before the BM62.

BM62_1__54740.1484768365.1280.1280.JPG

Last edited:
Got the Mini-Grip 556-1.
Excellent choice. I have a number of Benchmades and dozens of other pocketknives, but my (plain jane) 556 is the one that finds its way into my pocket most often these days. Portable, versatile, capable, and ergonomic (small hands). I think you'll be satisfied in the long run. Enjoy!

I think I'm down to 4 Benchmades... only two of which get carried with any regularity. The Anthem and Rift - very different knives, and I'm not sure which I would keep if I was willing to only own one.

I only have BM I carry and it's the Adamas. I like it but I wouldn't pay $200 for one (the going price on most sites). Thankfully, I got a user at a great price.

If I had to buy a BM now, I just might go for the Grizzly Ridge. I like the color combo and I find the handle comfortable. Size is just right for me too.

Years ago, there was a website that after applying a coupon code you could get a 275 or 810 for $100 shipped, new. 551 for $55 shipped. Bunch of others too. They discontinued the coupon code eventually but it was usable for at least a year. Haven't checked that site out for years but need to now after remembering.

Think would also choose the Adamas if could just have one.

My only benchmade I have left is an engraved one my dad got me when I joined the army. I carried it while I was in and still do. Its a presidio ultra. It isnt their fanciest knife, but it works for me. I love Benchmades 440c.
I take it back, I also have an AFO 2 auto from the Army. But I cant carry that where I live.

The only Benchmades I own are all Triage models. I don’t think any other rescue knife comes close to it.

Nothing else in their lineup does much for me.

Back