You Have Been Challenged!

Looks a lot like the Bushcraft USA Knife that is a great design. I like it.

Thanks I’m really happy with this drawing! This one has been in and out of my head a lot recently and decided I should try and get it on paper. I wanted something slightly smaller than a 4” blade but with plenty of handle to do everyday stuff and some bushcraft/woodcraft tasks. Also wanted a lot of belly for food processing/skinning game

He is this challenge coming along? Let's see some cool designs.

I'll post some designs I've got lying around this evening! I *think* I've designed my "perfect" pocket fixed blade, but who knows if it would actually live up to the title.

Okay, so first up is my idea of what may be my ideal EDC fixed blade. A chamfer on the top edge of the butt may work, too, and the handle pins are totally up in the air, but I think the overall shape would be exceptional for my daily life. A fairly chunky ~3/4" handle towards the butt with some nice contouring down to the front bolster makes for extremely comfortable hand positioning.

IMG-20201022-211238-2.jpg

This second image shows some alternate Bluegill designs that I played around with while I was coming up with the Pocket Chef. I really like the spear/zulu/long drop point blade design, especially if the point is a bit below the centerline of the overall knife.

IMG-20201022-211008-2.jpg

I know small knives aren't everyone's thing, but I love having a small, capable fixed blade tucked into my left front pocket. Let me know what y'all think!

Okay, so first up is my idea of what may be my ideal EDC fixed blade. A chamfer on the top edge of the butt may work, too, and the handle pins are totally up in the air, but I think the overall shape would be exceptional for my daily life. A fairly chunky ~3/4" handle towards the butt with some nice contouring down to the front bolster makes for extremely comfortable hand positioning.

IMG-20201022-211238-2.jpg

This second image shows some alternate Bluegill designs that I played around with while I was coming up with the Pocket Chef. I really like the spear/zulu/long drop point blade design, especially if the point is a bit below the centerline of the overall knife.

IMG-20201022-211008-2.jpg

I know small knives aren't everyone's thing, but I love having a small, capable fixed blade tucked into my left front pocket. Let me know what y'all think!

Something about the 1st one is intriguing to me, maybe it's the blade shape being similar to the native 5 I carry a lot. I think the rear of the handle is a little flat for my personal tastes but that's about it. I think once you draw in the grind line and/or ricasso the busy look of the handle will be more balances as well.

They all look pretty useful, the middle one would be interesting to see with the long blade and small handle but not something I would buy myself because I'm a long handle guy, though I know many that like the compactness of a 3-finger grip fine enough.

the first one, I have no idea why, somewhat remind me of a Spyderco design, their Enuff model.

I think the last two look particularly great! very useful looking blade profile

Back