You haven't fully experienced Spyderco until you've tried a __________.

I thought this would be a fun thread to start. What knife in your opinion, is the best knife to get the full experience of Spyderco, and why?

For me, it is the Paramilitary 2. It is the perfect size for me, very light, has good steel, the handle is great in all positions and it is one of the most popular models which means a lot of people like it. Even people who are not super-fans of Spyderco will recognize it and most people in the knife community have respect for this well built and reputable knife that has built a good name for itself.

c81GPCMO2.2.jpg
(Photo not my own)

Taichung made folder.

The fit and finish of the Taichung folders I've handled has been fantastic! The same probably applies to their fixed blades; I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on a Bradley Bowie....yet. ;-)

Sage 3 is definitely a must IMO. First and last of the bolt-action lock Spyderco so far. It's a perfect balance between utility capability, ease of carry, lock strength, smoothness, and fondling addiction. Not to mention Taichung quality as well. A sad story that both variations have been discontinued...

I never liked the look of Spyderco knives. Everyone said just get one, so I did. A manix 2 s110v. Then I continued with PM2 sprint run in m4 carbon fiber and so it started the love for Spyderco, a pure working man's knife with lots and lots of steel choice's and so many models. Which one is the embodiment of Spyderco? Never just one tbo. Each has a different function and purpose. some unique some plain, some even flashy. What are the most sold Spyderco folders? I'd like to think the most popular are the delica, pm2 and manix 2 , but those are more or less my favorites.

Wish they made a manix 2 LW with carbon fiber instead of frn scales and maxamet steel (really any super steel tho) but must be able to disassemble. That's the one I dream of. #dreamer#believer

^^they made a cruwear sprint manix2 w carbon fiber scales and milled liners. Very light, sweet knife.

It almost felt too light when I got it because I'm a framelock folder guy, but it has grown on me since I got more familiar with it.

Screw construction.

Caly 3... Stretch...Domino...Slyz Bowie

Last edited:
Several models come to mind, but for me it has to be the Military. In my opinion, it's one of the all-time greats.

I'd say the good ol Military. The new CQI nowadays and new steel offerings make it perfect! The Millie will cut with the best of the best.

perrin ppt in all black is the best looking one i have. love the scales- only draw back is that i cant flip it with my pointer nor middle finger on the backside as the spydie hole is covered a bit.

for the value the tenacious green/black sprint run is a great flipper and looks/feels pretty damn good.

all around though, i agree with the OP - the PM2 is hard to beat.

The three sisters; Military, PM2, and Para 3.

Oldest one gets the most respect. The Military screams Spyderco to me.

When I saw my first Spyderco catalog, I was instantly drawn to the Military.

PM2 isndefinately a flagship model. Military is another one. However I think the quintessential Spyderco is and has been the Endura or Delica. Not that they don't make nicer more beautiful, more strong, more refined, more unique, and better knives for self defense or any task. Just the Endura and Delica are some of the most Spyderco Spydercos. (Whatever that means)

Or like a Pacific salt in yellow with a Spyderedge. Thay just SCREAMS Spyderco.

Endura.....

It was the First and only Spyderco sold at the PX In 91.

Back