1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

You haven't fully experienced Spyderco until you've tried a __________.

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by BrandoSpoke, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Stays Sharp

Stays Sharp

Nov 21, 2013
    You-haven-t-fully-experienced-Spyderco

... until you USE a Delica exclusively for your EDC for a month.

2. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    ^^This^^

I'll add that I vote Delica over Endura due to pocketfriendly size.

3. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm going to add another vote for the sage series, especially the 5 even though I really liked the 2 and 3 but I feel like the comp lock is pure spyderco. I'll also throw out the native 5 LW as well. I feel like they put a lot of what spyderco has to offer into those blades. Effective use of a choil, great ergos, great blade shape, very usable knives for EDC.

The delica, endura and dragonfly are right in there somewhere too. I feel like the dragonfly is epitome of a big-little knife in that it's tiny but can still manage to fit into larger hands, which sypderco does better than most (anyone?).

4. smilk327

smilk327

Apr 14, 2016
    Another vote for the delica. It's truly one of the must try, exceeds expectations , Spydercos out there. It just works.

5. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Delica 4 first with PM2 as close second

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

6. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    Sage 5. Perfect for EDC everywhere from the office to the garage. Great steel, good looking design, compression lock, lightweight and high quality.

7. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Delica or Endiura

8. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    A fully serrated folder of theirs
    Or, even better, one of their SE Hawkbills. No rivals in the market, ever, for these "Spyderco totems"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011

came to say this, but 5x5 on point with the first response. :thumbup: I have a military on me every day. My front pocket knife is the one that rotates, but my military is always in my back pocket. It's one of the best design's IMO.

10. RLDubbya

RLDubbya HMFIC

Dec 21, 2016
    Sorry, they are like chips.

Police
    Endura
    Delica
    Rescue / other blunted
    Civvie / MommyDearest
    Para
    Native
    Bug

All serrated. This will show you how the Spydie Edge works in all major blade configs. That was, imo, the definition of Spyderco out of the gate.

11. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Second this!! Military!!!

12. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    this is a hard question for me!because of spyderco's constant product improvement on there knifes,what i thought was one of there best!they come along and up that particular folder to a new one,like the PM2 most likely one of there staples!now i have a para 3 and get that full feeling of spyderco in a little more pocket friendly size i like,no its not my number one!my gayle bradley 1 is the best hard use knife i own from them,and would give it 5 out of 5 rating .

13. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    I own/owned:
    K2
    Military
    Para Military 2
    Stretch 2
    Gayle Bradley
    Gayle Bradley 2
    Dodo
    Centofante 3....but you haven't fully experienced Spyderco until you've tried a............ Delica 4!

14. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Gotta throw a vote in for the Manix 2. Excellent ergos, perfect amount of blade length and the choil is one of the best. Also, it's one of the best examples of the Ball Bearing Lock.

If the standard G10 version is too heavy for ya, the geniuses over in Golden created the LW series ;)

15. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    OK. The correct answer is stretch. The rest of you are missing the boat.

16. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    Military and delica

17. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I really like the Stretch. However it's so innocuous I never owned one till last year

MILITARY

18. Knifeoholic

Knifeoholic

Feb 8, 2016
    +1 for the Stretch

19. Jenner 515

Jenner 515

Nov 27, 2002
    Original Gen 1 Manix - the big lockback with the super aggressive jimping on the thumb ramp, locked like a bank vault, heavy as a boat anchor, wicked sharp S30v.

I have over 100 Spyderco knives. That Manix I would trust, 24/7/365.

20. jonnieb27

jonnieb27

Sep 13, 2008
    One of the Bradleys, in my opinion.