You-Tube Comparison Benchmade Anthem vs. Sebenza

Okay, before you respond make sure you watch the whole thing. He does other comparisons to other brands also.....but....

Even though he owns the Sebenza I'm not sure he gets CRK's philosophy. Flicking seems to be important to him. That said the fellow just likes certain knife attributes that are not CRK's thing. Fair enough. I own several brands of knives. So don't hate ;)

I’m always into checking out the way other reviewers approach things. I’ll look at it as work allows.

Love mine guess I got lucky my QC was pretty spot on. The Nitro Mini is no slouch either.
p5SwtGw.jpg

That BM is nice, lionsteel also did a monoblock along with the aculus for Dpx. I like being able to flick my knives. I'm not pampering a potential life saving tool, it needs to be ready at a moments notice without thinking oh I can't flip it out quickly it might void the warranty. I flick my DPx everyday whether I use it or not just out of habit, always locks up tight.

I would like to note one thing. Where he states the smoothness of crk bushings as opposed to bearings, that is a misnomer, bushings are a different feel but have way more drag, never as smooth.
In every industry where reduced friction is a necessity they use bearings, more efficient and less drag in every application. We graduated as a mechanized society from bushings long ago, the knife industry is playing catch up but I doubt crk ever will.
Sealed bearing are the next leap for folding knives, won't be long.

Seems to have quit Youtube a year ago.

The Anthem is a fine knife, IMO. Value proposition is always going to be debated, because it’s entirely subjective. There’s not much point in trying to convince people to see value one way or another. I prefer to describe & detail, and allow viewers to decide how they feel about pricing.

I would like to note one thing. Where he states the smoothness of crk bushings as opposed to bearings, that is a misnomer, bushings are a different feel but have way more drag, never as smooth.
In every industry where reduced friction is a necessity they use bearings, more efficient and less drag in every application. We graduated as a mechanized society from bushings long ago, the knife industry is playing catch up but I doubt crk ever will.
Your incessant need to take a shot at CRK whenever the topic even remotely comes up has gotten old. We’ve all heard it; we know how you feel. No one is changing their opinion based on your “crusade”. You seem emotional...

Bushings don't collect as much gunk as "sealed" bearings though, and on some knives I like the feel of a bearing action and on some I like bushings. Really comes down to the knife (and personal preference :) ).

This anthem really needs some 21 jimping

Right away this guy says they are basically the same grind...

Also, been flicking a 21 impulsively for 2 years and the lockup is in the exact same spot since day 1.

Last edited:
0 007Airman

If you just change your usename to “CRK hater”...you could stop posting in every thread that you hate CRK. Im sure the majority of members here would appreciate it.

I was talking to the store clerk at a knife shop about his Anthem, here in Canada I guess it's a hard knife to import. The problem is the handle is all one piece and to get it across the boarder they have to tighten the pivot as much as they can which bends the handle ruining the knife.

After spending 30+ years as an engineer, I feel really dumb every time 007 imparts his wisdom upon the forum. He freely shares his deep wisdom with us. Teaching us so many things we would have otherwise never known. Each day I eagerly peruse the forums looking for the next teachable moment that 007 may have shared. Keep up the good work! <sarcasm off>

Using a parachute is an inefficient, high friction way to reach the ground. But some people prefer the smoother transition it provides.

Sorry I didn't make it through the video, WAY to boring! I really wanted a anthem when they came out but could not find one that was right. I looked at 3 different knives in 2 stores. On all 3 the blade's were noticeably off center. 2 of the 3 had blade play. Sure maybe I could have fixed it, but a 400+ dollar knife no thanks.. I own several benchmade's and a couple CRK's in my eyes the too can't be compared for quality..

I'm not pampering a potential life saving tool, it needs to be ready at a moments notice without thinking oh I can't flip it out quickly it might void the warranty. I flick my DPx everyday whether
Mmmkay James:rolleyes:
200.gif

Back