Your 2018 Traditional Knife Of The Year

I've had a really good year for traditionals, so picking a favorite will be tough.

Fiddleback Bushnub comes in a close second,
DSC00113-X2.jpg

But the Case/Bose cattle knife is my favorite of the year.
DSC00116-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up somewhere around 150 knives this year. Got a few customs, some old, some new. Some untouched, some beat all to heck. Still this is my favorite, and it's getting a lot of time in my pocket. It just may be my favorite knife.

saKcvVu.jpg
150!?! Holy Mackerel!
That is a stunning knife.

Well, what a year! I used to buy a knife every few years, and have only ever had a handful at a time. I think I had half a dozen at the beginning of 2018. I have acquired 15 this year, thanks to BF:

45551994675_17c0b23cab_k.jpg

I am not going to go over each one; most were purchases, some were gifts. I carry about 9 or 10 of them. I might have posted a couple of weeks ago, but I received my 2018 Forum knife on December 10. Since it was ineligible to be considered for the 2019 Knife of the Year, I wanted to give it a fair shake. The Forum knife, a two-bladed Buck 301 with elk scales, is very nice indeed, and I am definitely hanging on to it. It is a great memento of my initial membership in BladeForums, and it has seen and will see some pocket carry. But it is not my Knife of the Year.

It really has to come down to the three I carry most. The first knife I bought in my new hobby of "collecting", and before I joined BF, was a Case amber bone trapper with SS blades:
45650633284_305200d4ec_k.jpg

It is a beautiful knife, and the perfect size for slicing BBQ, or anything. It feels really good in the hand. I think a single-blade trapper would feel too thin to me. I often carry it in a belt sheath so that I can also carry something else in my pocket. I award it a Bronze Medal.

The Silver goes to a relative: the Case amber bone medium stockman with SS blades:
45650633234_ffdb84e58d_k.jpg

I carry this one frequently, and it is a perfect size for EDC, regardless of apparel. I love the convenience of having three blades in such a small package.

But my Gold Medal has to go to a knife whose pattern is new to me. I had never heard of a "lambsfoot" knife before this year. I cannot say that the lambsfoot blade is necessarily my favorite--I do love my clips and spears--but it is a fascinating shape. While I do prefer to cut my meat with a clip blade, the lambsfoot is certainly up to the job. And while I like my multi-blade knives, the lambsfoot is sufficient for most knife-purposes.
Most importantly, I have been "charmed" more by this knife than any other in 2018. It is "Ashley's Choice," a lovely Sambar stag lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son Ltd, Sheffield, England, with thanks to Jack Black Jack Black .

Behold the lambsfoot:
46128815872_bdca7a82ea_k.jpg

My 2018 Knife of the Year.

You've had a busy year Vince :) Great finalists my friend, but I'm glad you've been charmed by the Lambsfoot, not least because I love the pics of your AC :) :thumbsup:

I have retitled the thread to include the word "Traditional".

Thanks Frank, an oversight on my part :thumbsup:

2018 has been a very, very good knife year for me. I've managed to find some wonderful old vintage knives, and have been the recipient of so much generosity, it's embarrassing. :oops:

@waynorth sent me this Bunting, which is now the oldest knife in my collection.
i7st5Df.jpg

Here's a Buck 703 from @Grateful
YuzqPel.jpg

A cool Colonial modified by @Amir Fleschwund
jKLiDIH.jpg

@t.willy sent me an Imperial easy open jack.
4J3aSpx.jpg

@WhittlinAway sent me this Western Whittler to match my avatar picture!
KEBmv6f.jpg

It's hard to pick just one Knife Of The Year, because I appreciate and treasure every knife I've been gifted. I'd hate to have any of these generous friends think otherwise. But since Jack is a cruel taskmaster ;), and insists there can be only one: I have to go with the knife that's spent the most time in my pocket, a present from the head Guardian himself, a small Lambsfoot Knife, in sambar stag that Jack had specially made by A.Wright & Son.
HlgAOrF.jpg

1uXRF7w.jpg

EetsvTz.jpg

Those are beautiful knives Rachel, and I'm honoured that you've chosen the humble Lambsfoot, it's been great to see you carrying it so much :) :thumbsup:

I have had a lot of knives come and go this year. Had some I really liked, but, none that fit the theme of this thread until a few weeks ago. A very late entrant, a knife I didn't think that I would like, but, that has become a daily carry and one I reach for when I get home and it wasn't in my pocket. I was not a fan of Stockman nor a liker of the Turkish/California clip, but, the GEC 82 dixie Stockman has become a favorite. I had settled on my favorite in my daily carry rotation, but, this knife will definitely split days as my EDC carry. Cannot wait for the 82 Possum skinner, it may be an early entrant in 2019.

View attachment 1043812

Cool when a knife creeps up on you like that :) :thumbsup:

I picked up somewhere around 150 knives this year. Got a few customs, some old, some new. Some untouched, some beat all to heck. Still this is my favorite, and it's getting a lot of time in my pocket. It just may be my favorite knife.

saKcvVu.jpg

That is gorgeous my friend, and it can only get better (after a few years of regular use and sharpening) ;) :) :thumbsup:

I've had a really good year for traditionals, so picking a favorite will be tough. I'm gonna cheat & pick a fixed blade & a folder.

Fiddleback Bushnub
DSC00113-X2.jpg

And the Case/Bose
DSC00116-X2.jpg

Two stellar knives. Tough, it may be, but it must be done, the rule is one knife, that's the purpose of the thread. Get picking my friend! ;) :thumbsup:

Enjoying the posts here. Some beautiful knives. I acquired 10 traditional knives this year: 9 folders (including one BF GAW!) and one fixed blade. Narrowing it down was tough.

full

Bronze goes to my newly-acquired slipjoint from Spain! A unique piece I've had for about a week. More about it here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/this-just-in-from-españa.1618118/page-3

full

Silver goes to my GEC 43 Northfield in rosewood. I love lockbacks and this one hasn't disappointed. I only wish I could have got a stainless version... Maybe someday.

full

My Gold choice is a bit of a surprise to me, but when something spends a lot of time in your pocket you have to recognize it: a Case mini trapper with cap lifter in amber bone. I just love this amber bone and having a cap lifter is very handy. I wish more knives had caplifters. Additionally, what also helped to secure the Gold is the smooth action on this pivot. Case is hit-or-miss it seems, but when you get a good one, you really get a good one. The walk and talk is excellent here, and halfstops always tick a box for me.
This is THE knife for a cocktail party: spearing food from platters and cracking cold ones!

full

Enjoying the posts here. Some beautiful knives. I acquired 10 traditional knives this year: 9 folders (including one BF GAW!) and one fixed blade. Narrowing it down was tough.

full

Bronze goes to my newly-acquired slipjoint from Spain! A unique piece I've had for about a week. More about it here:

full

Silver goes to my GEC 43 Northfield in rosewood. I love lockbacks and this one hasn't disappointed. I only wish I could have got a stainless version... Maybe someday.

full

My Gold choice is a bit of a surprise to me, but when something spends a lot of time in your pocket you have to recognize it: a Case mini trapper with cap lifter in amber bone. I just love this amber bone and having a cap lifter is very handy. I wish more knives had caplifters. Additionally, what also helped to secure the Gold is the smooth action on this pivot. Case is hit-or-miss it seems, but when you get a good one, you really get a good one. The walk and talk is excellent here, and halfstops always tick a box for me.
This is THE knife for a cocktail party: spearing food from platters and cracking cold ones!

full
Great choice (it's on my list). But I can't see the pictures. :(

Edit: I sees them now!
Beautiful collection, my friend.

Last edited:
Alright, my friends.

I have been neglecting this thread for too long and I figured that I should chime in before it is too late. I have had a very good year when it comes to knife collecting and have added considerably to my collection despite having purchased a house and engaged in the numerous projects that tend to pile up. Overall, I have been very fortunate, having acquired knives that I could have only dreamed of, some lemons, and more than a few surprises (pleasant and otherwise). I've been able to refine my tastes, narrow things down a bit in regards to my preferences, and establish more of a baseline when it comes to what interests me.

That all said, I will continue to try new patterns and add to my ever burgeoning collection. I understand that occasionally one gets bit by the "purge" bug but I do hope that it stays away indefinitely, I am enjoying myself far too much.

I pondered for awhile on what truly was going to be my 2018 Knife of the Year and came to realize that it is indeed a difficult decision. I have had some very fine knives occupy my pockets this past year and so my choice was bound to be difficult. Like I did last year, I attempted to narrow my choices down to three and then pick the one from that bunch, so I will start with the runner ups.

It is rare that I go a day without a Lambsfoot close at hand. It is a knife that I find immensely versatile, resoundingly rugged, and rather quite attractive. It has curves in all the right places. Ebony being one of my favorite cover materials, it comes as no surprise to me that the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot would rank with the best of them. An SFO organized by our very own Jack, it is a beautiful knife, built to the standards that I would expect to see from the folks at GEC. The Ebony is inky black, the action stout, yet silky smooth, and it snaps like the most assertive of gators.

The 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot is a worthy contender and the first runner up. Yet it is not the one...

BCS4LMe.jpg

Like many here, when I first dipped my toes in the traditional waters, I became entranced with GEC's Barlows. There is a reason they are so highly coveted. Knives that sport GEC's impeccable finish paired with the handsome aesthetics that only a Barlow can pull off, the TC and NF Barlows are the pride and joy of many a collector and a testament to GEC's capabilities.

When I heard that another run of NF Barlows was in the works, I became excited and anxious at the same time. This was a knife that I had only dreamed of being able to land, never believing it could be reality. Good fortune smiled upon me and I was able to secure a couple, the one in Red Sawcut becoming an instant favorite and a very regular carry for me.

It is likely no secret that I have pretty strong preferences for a small number of covers. Black wood, red bone, and gnarly stag. The Red Sawcut on my NF Barlow is exceptional and paired with a big clip main and a coping secondary, alongside such features as a match strike pull and the excellent NF stamp, this knife will never leave my collection if I can help it.

The NF Barlow in all of its previous shiny glory (it has patina and the bone is wearing a bit smoother now). A superb knife and would have been more than just the next runner up had it not been for the upcoming knife.

uTlU7oh.jpg

I have a number of knives now from the notable cutlery firm out of Sheffield, England. A Wright & Son. Some of the knives have fit and finish issues, some are just great, and a couple are truly exceptional. All of them make for excellent working knives though and they have a rather treasured place in my collection. I've already mentioned my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot but there is another of equally impeccable quality that found its way into my pocket this past year.

Another SFO organized by Jack, this knife sports the increasingly rare Sambar Stag covers, the alluring curves of a proper Lambsfoot, and the fit and finish to rival that of most, if not all, production cutlery firms. Some would scoff at this knife due to its dramatically mismatched stag, but I immediately became enthralled by this knife. It melts in my hand, cuts like a laser, and lets me know who the boss really is with its thunderous snap.

This is a brilliantly made knife with impeccable beauty and unlimited versatility. It rarely leaves my side and I can say with relative certainty that this is indeed my 2018 Knife of the Year, the Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot in Stag.

bkz2qzH.jpg

KpwOFM5.jpg

Some honorable mentions that I would also like to bring up. These are fine knives and ones that I might have considered more had I had them longer or did not have the above knives at my ready disposal.
  • The Ancient TC in Muscadine Sawcut Bone - This is a knife that I am immensely honored to have. Having been able to chat with the man himself regarding his vision for this knife, it is one that I knew I had to have. Hopefully 2019 will see it get more pocket time.
  • My Glennbad Lambsfoot - This knife would likely have seen a lot more pocket time if I had gotten it earlier in the year. That being said, Glenn did such an excellent job and the future looks very bright for this knife.
  • 2015 GEC #15 in Ebony w/Main Sheepfoot and pen secondary - This is a knife that would likely have made my top 3 had I not just acquired it. Easily has become a favorite of mine.

Alright, my friends.

I have been neglecting this thread for too long and I figured that I should chime in before it is too late. I have had a very good year when it comes to knife collecting and have added considerably to my collection despite having purchased a house and engaged in the numerous projects that tend to pile up. Overall, I have been very fortunate, having acquired knives that I could have only dreamed of, some lemons, and more than a few surprises (pleasant and otherwise). I've been able to refine my tastes, narrow things down a bit in regards to my preferences, and establish more of a baseline when it comes to what interests me.

That all said, I will continue to try new patterns and add to my ever burgeoning collection. I understand that occasionally one gets bit by the "purge" bug but I do hope that it stays away indefinitely, I am enjoying myself far too much.

I pondered for awhile on what truly was going to be my 2018 Knife of the Year and came to realize that it is indeed a difficult decision. I have had some very fine knives occupy my pockets this past year and so my choice was bound to be difficult. Like I did last year, I attempted to narrow my choices down to three and then pick the one from that bunch, so I will start with the runner ups.

It is rare that I go a day without a Lambsfoot close at hand. It is a knife that I find immensely versatile, resoundingly rugged, and rather quite attractive. It has curves in all the right places. Ebony being one of my favorite cover materials, it comes as no surprise to me that the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot would rank with the best of them. An SFO organized by our very own Jack, it is a beautiful knife, built to the standards that I would expect to see from the folks at GEC. The Ebony is inky black, the action stout, yet silky smooth, and it snaps like the most assertive of gators.

The 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot is a worthy contender and the first runner up. Yet it is not the one...

BCS4LMe.jpg

Like many here, when I first dipped my toes in the traditional waters, I became entranced with GEC's Barlows. There is a reason they are so highly coveted. Knives that sport GEC's impeccable finish paired with the handsome aesthetics that only a Barlow can pull off, the TC and NF Barlows are the pride and joy of many a collector and a testament to GEC's capabilities.

When I heard that another run of NF Barlows was in the works, I became excited and anxious at the same time. This was a knife that I had only dreamed of being able to land, never believing it could be reality. Good fortune smiled upon me and I was able to secure a couple, the one in Red Sawcut becoming an instant favorite and a very regular carry for me.

It is likely no secret that I have pretty strong preferences for a small number of covers. Black wood, red bone, and gnarly stag. The Red Sawcut on my NF Barlow is exceptional and paired with a big clip main and a coping secondary, alongside such features as a match strike pull and the excellent NF stamp, this knife will never leave my collection if I can help it.

The NF Barlow in all of its previous shiny glory (it has patina and the bone is wearing a bit smoother now). A superb knife and would have been more than just the next runner up had it not been for the upcoming knife.

uTlU7oh.jpg

I have a number of knives now from the notable cutlery firm out of Sheffield, England. A Wright & Son. Some of the knives have fit and finish issues, some are just great, and a couple are truly exceptional. All of them make for excellent working knives though and they have a rather treasured place in my collection. I've already mentioned my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot but there is another of equally impeccable quality that found its way into my pocket this past year.

Another SFO organized by Jack, this knife sports the increasingly rare Sambar Stag covers, the alluring curves of a proper Lambsfoot, and the fit and finish to rival that of most, if not all, production cutlery firms. Some would scoff at this knife due to its dramatically mismatched stag, but I immediately became enthralled by this knife. It melts in my hand, cuts like a laser, and lets me know who the boss really is with its thunderous snap.

This is a brilliantly made knife with impeccable beauty and unlimited versatility. It rarely leaves my side and I can say with relative certainty that this is indeed my 2018 Knife of the Year, the Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot in Stag.

bkz2qzH.jpg

KpwOFM5.jpg

Some honorable mentions that I would also like to bring up. These are fine knives and ones that I might have considered more had I had them longer or did not have the above knives at my ready disposal.
  • The Ancient TC in Muscadine Sawcut Bone - This is a knife that I am immensely honored to have. Having been able to chat with the man himself regarding his vision for this knife, it is one that I knew I had to have. Hopefully 2019 will see it get more pocket time.
  • My Glennbad Lambsfoot - This knife would likely have seen a lot more pocket time if I had gotten it earlier in the year. That being said, Glenn did such an excellent job and the future looks very bright for this knife.
  • 2015 GEC #15 in Ebony w/Main Sheepfoot and pen secondary - This is a knife that would likely have made my top 3 had I not just acquired it. Easily has become a favorite of mine.
Great choice, Dylan.

That Glennbad lambsfoot is quite a looker, too (I know it's not pictured here, but I remember it!).

Alright, my friends.

BCS4LMe.jpg

uTlU7oh.jpg

bkz2qzH.jpg

KpwOFM5.jpg

Another AC! Wow, Jack should be proud (not that he wasn't already).

Alright, my friends.

BCS4LMe.jpg

uTlU7oh.jpg

bkz2qzH.jpg

KpwOFM5.jpg

Another AC! Wow, Jack should be proud (not that he wasn't already).

An exceptional post Dylan, enhanced by your sublime photographic skills. Knowing some of the fine cutlery you've had this year, I'm not only proud, but flattered also :) :thumbsup:

Well, upon consideration, I've come to the conclusion that I've acquired some interesting knives this year.
  • The Mora Eldris got carried for several months. Really, really like that design with its full handle to give full control over the blade. But it is kind of illegal to carry a fixed blade in your pocket in public in California, so that one got put aside.
  • Kind of on a lark, I purchased a Taylor knife made in Japan in about 1980. It's a pretty close to a Case Butter bean in design, but has a small sheepsfoot as a secondary blade and some nice stag for covers. Funny little knife, but I took a shine to it. It's a bit small for most of my carrying, but I do like it.
  • The Rough Rider "half hawk", a recreation of the old Case loom fixer design, turned out to have my all time favorite blade combination. A pinchable pseudo sheepsfoot and a very large pen blade with the nail nick for both on the same side. But it's a walloping heavy knife and too often I wanted something that was not such a load in my pocket.
  • The Case Sway Back is about the right size and I do like the combination of Wharncliffe and pen. But I prefer a sheepsfoot to a Wharncliffe and the nail nicks are on different sides. (Sorry folks, I'm a righty and I don't like having to open a blade left handed. I can do it, but prefer not to.) And Case does run their Tru-Sharp rather soft.
  • Then we have the forum knife. Has modern blade steel. Since I'm a user and not a collector, that becomes significant for me. I like the PM steel bades. It's a four inch frame, but is light in weight. So that makes it more pocketable and I don't look for a lighter knife in the evening. Sheepsfoot and clip will do. And the pulls are set up such that both can be opened with the right hand. This knife ticks pretty much all my boxes for what I desire in a knife.
I think I'm going to have to go with the forum knife for me for "traditional knife of the year". (And to be truthful, while I have also purchased a couple of modern designs this year, it's got those beat, too.)

Well, upon consideration, I've come to the conclusion that I've acquired some interesting knives this year.
  • The Mora Eldris got carried for several months. Really, really like that design with its full handle to give full control over the blade. But it is kind of illegal to carry a fixed blade in your pocket in public in California, so that one got put aside.
  • Kind of on a lark, I purchased a Taylor knife made in Japan in about 1980. It's a pretty close to a Case Butter bean in design, but has a small sheepsfoot as a secondary blade and some nice stag for covers. Funny little knife, but I took a shine to it. It's a bit small for most of my carrying, but I do like it.
  • The Rough Rider "half hawk", a recreation of the old Case loom fixer design, turned out to have my all time favorite blade combination. A pinchable pseudo sheepsfoot and a very large pen blade with the nail nick for both on the same side. But it's a walloping heavy knife and too often I wanted something that was not such a load in my pocket.
  • The Case Sway Back is about the right size and I do like the combination of Wharncliffe and pen. But I prefer a sheepsfoot to a Wharncliffe and the nail nicks are on different sides. (Sorry folks, I'm a righty and I don't like having to open a blade left handed. I can do it, but prefer not to.) And Case does run their Tru-Sharp rather soft.
  • Then we have the forum knife. Has modern blade steel. Since I'm a user and not a collector, that becomes significant for me. I like the PM steel bades. It's a four inch frame, but is light in weight. So that makes it more pocketable and I don't look for a lighter knife in the evening. Sheepsfoot and clip will do. And the pulls are set up such that both can be opened with the right hand. This knife ticks pretty much all my boxes for what I desire in a knife.
I think I'm going to have to go with the forum knife for me for "traditional knife of the year". (And to be truthful, while I have also purchased a couple of modern designs this year, it's got those beat, too.)

Good post Frank, I noted you had a Mora Eldris, and wondered what you thought of it. I sometimes come across those Japanese-made Taylors, and they can be pretty good. Gary very kindly gifted me a Case Swayback (in CV) last Christmas, and I really like it, nearly carried it today in fact. Decisive choice :thumbsup:

Inspiration. Inspiration is the reason I selected my 2018 knife of the year. The knives listed all inspired me to investigate this style further.

Honorable Mention: Northwoods English Jacks. I originally missed out on two from the Exchange but eventually ended up with three: two stags and a moose.

Honorable Mention: Horsewright Knives. I purchased a Coyote in Elk and liked it so much that I purchased a Filet in Elk and want to acquire a Chef's knife in Elk from Dave.

Runner Up: 2018 BF Knife Buck Elk 301. The anticipation of receiving this knife renewed my interest in Buck Knives (although I already had a modest collection of 300 series knives). I ended up with an 055 Stag, 110 Green Micarta, and a 110 Serrated Elk with finger grips from the Buck Custom Shop. I still need to capture pictures of the BF Knife and Custom Shop 110 knife.

Winner: Pearl! In the past I have not been a fan of stockman knives. Pearl changed that. I was honored to host her for three weeks. As a result I have acquired a liking of stockmans, Case yellow handled knives and CV steel. I purchased a Case Yellow 3318CV, 3318CVPU (punch), a GEC 66 Calf Roper and 82 Dixie. Along with a couple of other Case Yellow Handles.

Last edited:
I've been after a Blue Camel Bone 78 ever since I missed out when they first appeared and I'd been missing out ever since.
About 2 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to land my 2018 Knife of the Year.
Incidentally, the pictured logging operation was headquartered approx. 15 miles north of me on the road that serves as the south entrance of Yosemite.
The logs traveled from 4000 ft. elevation to the railroad on the valley floor by a 50 mile long flume that wound it's way through the mountains!
Knife_of_theYear.jpg

I've been after a Blue Camel Bone 78 ever since I missed out when they first appeared and I'd been missing out ever since.
Incidentally, the pictured logging operation was headquartered approx. 15 miles north of me on the road that serves as the south entrance of Yosemite.
The logs traveled from 4000 ft. elevation to the railroad on the valley floor by a 50 mile long flume that wound it's way through the mountains!
View attachment 1044397
Congrats on the grail, and right at Christmas time. Is that the Sugar Pine flume? My best friend growing up had a cabin at Central Camp. I actually have a small piece of the Shaver Lake flume. Used to hike around as a kid & find collapsed sections of it, or what was left of it. Nice pic.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure...
I have a contender for knife of 2018.
Fair few to choose from and all amazingly good...but this one stands out for its ...i dunno...porchiness.
Pic to follow.
Cheers and Happy New Year.
May 2019 be good to us all.
2018 could have been worse for me...I could have caught ebola or been eaten by a shark I guess . A fight with a starving baboon may have been more fun than a lot of what happened...but...
Every cloud has a silver lining.:):thumbsup:

It'll have to be the Case/Bose cattle knife then. It gets carried more.
DSC00098-X2.jpg

Thank you, would you mind editing your first post so that your choice is clear and doesn't mislead others posters :thumbsup:

Edit - Thanks a lot :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

full

full

full

full

Nice post :) Like Vince, I couldn't see your pics before, but glad they're showing now :thumbsup:

I'm not sure which knives I bought this year, but the one 44 I bought has spent a lot of time in my pocket. I love the older 78's and the 44 has the same blades.

It's a solid knife.

Good choice :thumbsup:

Inspiration. Inspiration is the reason I selected my 2018 knife of the year. The knives listed all inspired me to investigate this style further.

Honorable Mention: Northwoods English Jacks. I originally missed out on two from the Exchange but eventually ended up with three: two stags and a moose.

Honorable Mention: Horsewright Knives. I purchased a Coyote in Elk and liked it so much that I purchased a Filet in Elk and want to acquire a Chef's knife in Elk from Dave.

Runner Up: 2018 BF Knife Buck Elk 301. The anticipation of receiving this knife renewed my interest in Buck Knives (although I already had a modest collection of 300 series knives). I ended up with an 055 Stag, 110 Green Micarta, and a 110 Serrated Elk with finger grips from the Buck Custom Shop. I still need to capture pictures of the BF Knife and Custom Shop 110 knife.

Winner: Pearl! In the past I have not been a fan of stockman knives. Pearl changed that. I was honored to host her for three weeks. As a result I have acquired a liking of stockmans, Case yellow handled knives and CV steel. I purchased a Case Yellow 3318CV, 3318CVPU (punch), a GEC 66 Calf Roper and 82 Dixie. Along with a couple of other Case Yellow Handles.

Excellent post :) Some great runners-up there, and that's pretty cool that Pearl was your ultimate choice :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1044397

Nice knife, and an interesting history lesson :thumbsup:

I’m going to have to pick 2.

No, you're going to have to choose ONE o_O We're on page 12, and everyone else has complied with the rules (quoting from my original post below). Kindly edit your post please :thumbsup:

Also, and we always get a couple of these, you may be one of those indecisive folks who just can’t make your mind up. Maybe you have two, or three, or four knives you really like, and can’t decide which you like the best. If that applies to you, feel free to start another thread, because if ONE of those knives doesn’t stand out, it doesn’t deserve to be nominated for this one. By all means mention a number of knives, but in the end, YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE. If you can’t…on yer bike! ;)

Last edited:
Back