(Revised)

Here are my top flippers in no particular order -

Reate XV
Reate K2
Zieba S5
Shiro 95 T
Shiro 95 Frag
Hoback Kwaiback Stoneage Edition

It's very close between the Reates and the Shiros....couldn't pick a winner.

IMG_2025.jpg
And if you do send it to Spyderco, let us know the result. :thumbsup:

Does the Domino have bearings in a polymer cage like the Southard?

I don’t know how, but one of the bearing cages in my Southard swelled and wouldn’t spin freely in its pocket. I relieved it a bit and it started flipping great again, in spite of cupped washers.

UPDATE: so I disassembled my Domino again and took the bearings out and very lightly sanded the outside edges of the polymer cage with some 220 grit I had laying around just enough to get the bearings to spin inside the pocket freely with my finger rotating them and now she is Flippin wonderfully! Thank you everyone for all the suggestions that helped me figure out a quick and simple solution and saved me from selling an otherwise awesome knife!

Shiros and Reates are great. Also we knives are great flipper. The best I have is Morrf4 though. It has quite fast and "crispy" flipping action.

Not sure what my ‘best’ flipper is, but the sound my Ferrum Forge Pretium makes when it locks up is quite satisfying.

Don't really own that many flippers, and most of them are assisted Leeks, but that shouldn't count.

So I'm gonna go for a knife which I don't even like, and that is the ZT 0450. The flipping action is great.

My Gammas do have amazing actions. Ilya is a criminally underrated/unknown knifemaker on this forum.

I have to second this, I live in WA State so I probably have more exposure but I recently bought a Gamma Midtech and it's not only a gorgeous knife with incredible attention to detail but it's the "best" flipper I've ever opened. It's hard to describe exactly why, but the action and the authoritative *thwack* that it opens with wins out over all of my other knives. If it wasn't a 4.25" blade it'd find it's way in my pocket more often. Ilya does great work.

I have to second this, I live in WA State so I probably have more exposure but I recently bought a Gamma Midtech and it's not only a gorgeous knife with incredible attention to detail but it's the "best" flipper I've ever opened. It's hard to describe exactly why, but the action and the authoritative *thwack* that it opens with wins out over all of my other knives. If it wasn't a 4.25" blade it'd find it's way in my pocket more often. Ilya does great work.

Call me a psycho but I wish it was a little longer. With a Shirogorov 111 style backspacer it could be at least 1/8" longer. What's crazy is despite the length of the blade and height it isn't a massive chunk. Quite thin and "slicey" behind the edge! Great handle ergos too.

I'm an old fart and I haven't had a chance to sample many of the new makers. But I do own knives by Andre Thorburn and Brian Nadeau and while they are excellent - nothing comes close to my RJ Martin Devastators. I even prefer them to his Q36 models.

My favorite all around flipper to date .
Hinderer new Gen 24.
rbTMbT3.jpg

Back