Your best guess,please ! Ides of March contest

Anybody care to venture a guess at what this eBay item will close at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Timers-Knif...613157341QQcategoryZ48817QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In order to receive accolades,hosannahs,faint praise,cheers,and jeers;your entry should be posted here by 3/16/06.:D
Closest one wins - higher or lower.
In case of ties,the first entry wins.
If the reserve isn't met,the high bid received will determine the winner.
If the seller pulls the ad,the contest is off.
To encourage entries,there is a prize for the winner.It's a mint copy of the International Blade Collectors Association Price Guide to Commemorative Knives - postpaid by media mail. (I may not be cheap,but I'm sure thrifty.)

comk

Disclaimer - The ad isn't mine and I don't know the seller. I'm also not bidding on it!

Ron
Edited 10 minutes after posting to add that the book covers commemoratives fpr the 1960-1990 period and was published in 1995.
The cutoff for entry is midnight on 3/16.Any entry dated 3/17,or later,missed the boat.

Neat contest Ron, thanks. I play and take a SWAG for $323.79. Preston

Same amount I am going to bid on it... $250

Be interesting to see what sells for more $.. this item or the switchblade the seller is also offering.

It was time for a contest! Thanks, Reloadr!

Phil

I feel pretty lucky lately. I will say $342.51
I gave a friend $20.00 yesterday for a fundraiser raffle and won a $150.00 Yankee jacket. I put it right in my son's closet and washed my hands well. I am a Mets fan. Always was and always will be.
Where do I send the $5.00 entry fee?????????????
Dennis

I have no clue, I'm an 'open-stock' kind of guy.

But I'll guess $302.67.

Neat contest, thanks!

Glenn

OK, let me see here......

Elevation...OK...Windage...OK...Squeezing.....

I'll take a shot with.....

$295.95

Great idea Ron :thumbup: , and thanks for the opportunity.

Bill

If I can talk Toby into bidding $523.99 on the set of knives, I'll pick $523.99; he'll win the knives and I'll win the book. Is that a deal Toby? ;)

TWEET...TWEET... Yellow flag comes flying into the thread...

Blocking below the waist on Redshanks.....:D

Bill

Hmmmm... Let's see now.... Azmuth of the moon!! Longitude of Venus!! Time of Hightide (that's HIGH tide not ROLL tide.. WAR EAGLE!!) A little bit of Cajun Voodoo !! My "infamous" crystall ball........

FOUR HUNDRED !!!

But what the hell do I know !!!

Thanks for the "phun" relodr36 !!!

dannyb

redshanks said:
If I can talk Toby into bidding $523.99 on the set of knives, I'll pick $523.99; he'll win the knives and I'll win the book. Is that a deal Toby? ;)

Redshanks,
Toby doesn't sound too serious about bidding that amount.
Is $523.99 your real pick?

Until Redshanks confirms his pick,we have 13 entries,ranging from $210 - $450.

BTW - J.Bruce Voyles was the author/editor of the book.
Ron

Redshanks and Toby can bid that amount, split the display, and share the book! Didn't a famous king suggest such a compromise once? Involving a blade?

Codger :D

I am a man of honor, I'll live with my pick of $523.99. Maybe Toby will feel sorry for me and still bid the same amount on the knife set.

relodr36, since I don't have even a prayer of winning the book, will you do me a favor and see if the book lists a value for a Keen Kutter Spirit of St. Louis 3-blade stockman?

Back