Your best guess,please ! Ides of March contest

OK, I say $75 and the auction ends without the reserve being met. For a guy or girl (Rochelle) with only 20 or less sales of three dollar trinkets,thats all that I would risk. That and the fact that I don't trust sellers that will not disclose their location in their profile. It will be fun to watch.
Rick

OK,folks,it's 3 PM,3/16/06.
Entries must be in by midnight tonight - 9 hours from now.
Total of 22 entries so far.
Anybody want to adjust their guess?

Ron

PS- Guess who turns 70 on St Patrick's Day?:jerkit:

Hey...

Is this another contest...within a contest???

Whomever guesses that Ron turns 70 tomorrow first, will get a copy of my extremely rare listing of Denny's Restaurants, that offer early bird specials before 6:00PM... to those of us over 55.

Bill

P. S.

Just kidding...:D ...Happy Birthday Ron. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's after midnight here in the east,so the final tally is 22 entries,ranging from $75 to $550.
Ron

I think this list is correct,but if there are any errors,please correct me.

$75.00 - Upstream
$100.00-lrv
$150.00 -Bob W
$175.00 - hcsmike
$210.00 - tobyrogers
$250.00 - textoothpk

7 hours to go and it's at $255 - reserve not met.

$264.01 -waliguy
$284.67 -cykc
$295.95 - El Lobo
$302.67 - glennbad
$314.79 - Codger
$319.74 - orvet
$323.79 - pjsjr
$335.00 - mountaineergoldnblue
$342.51 - dennie54
$366.10 - sheathmaker
$375.00 - woodsbum
$385.01 - OTGuy
$400.00 - dannybee
$450.00 - ClintB
$523.99 - redshanks
$550.00 - mrd74

Good luck,fella's !:D
Ron

modified to show status

Good luck on the contest I have not been watching or posting for a few days so I did not know it was being done. I will no longer be bidding I did not realize that this would be this viewed this way and as such it really does I believe you will agree add the possibilities of out of the normal bidding pressure. Therefore good luck on your contest. I do not wish to partake of it. Good luck to all. I have recinded my bid. LT. PS please understand that as a regular member of this forum I did not feel it was fair to the seller the other bidders or those in the contest to be involved. I did not want it to seem that I was manipulating any part of the auction or the contest. To me it is no big deal these are only knives as I have stated my name and honor are much more important to me than any steel ever made. I already have several of all of these, I just felt you should know why I in good conscience had to divest myself from the auction. Again I did not know that this contest was going on when I bid just as I am sure you did not know that I had an interest in bidding it. As it is this unfortunate turn has caused me to divulge at least in part how high the sellers reserve is.for that I will apolagize to him if it does not meet its price.

Well a least that puts me back in the run, for the book that is.

(Who was the masked man?)

That puts the current bid at $56.00.

Along the lines of using this auction in furthering our Schradeucation, I will note in reference to the earlier posts about boxes and papers, the factory did not include those t o their dealers with this display. Those were included with the sales stock housed in the rear of the display. The display knives were wired in place, and not intended for individual sale. Read the ad I posted earlier describing what is included with the 68OTA. The winner gets the pleasure of acquiring the properly dated NIB items to restock it!

Codger

I'm sorry to see LT drop out of bidding for this knife group.
As far as revealing the reserve to be higher than $188,I doubt if the reserve is less than $300.
Personally,I feel that those particular knives,in their condition,could be sold seperately for over $300.That's not adding any value for the case.
I also expect most serious bidders to hold their bids until last minutes.
Ron

LT,
There is no reason to drop out if you want the display. We are just having some fun here with Ron's (Happy Birthday!) idea. No one really gives a #^&@, so it's not a big deal. Honest.

JMO.

Bill

Thanks woofer but it really is no big deal I do not want to be involved it just does not seem right just my opinion. Good luck to all I really do not wish to alienate any one else however it seems to be my fate to be in the middle of things. Good Luck LT

There's a larger set of knives without the display currently listed:

A display of Old Timers from the factory collection recently sold for a pretty good price:

redshanks said:
Since you don't have an avatar yet, this one might be fitting for the occasion:

redshanks,
I sure as hell don't need a walker,yet.But,I'm also not the man I used to be,either.
Don't they make training wheels for oldtimers?:)
ron

I even ditched the dress and falsies. Hope you didn't mind. Is that a 165OT Woodsman fixed blade in your hand, or are you just glad to see us?

Codger

Very nice guys,

Is this available in Staglon? You know...an "Uncle Henry Crossing."

It looks like he might be making off with Phil's new 'Navajo Schrade' to me.

Bill

Thanks,guys.
Yeah,that's probably a 165ot,carried for protection purposes!
That Yazzie knife is very nice.Probably a very good investment,if her reputation builds.
Codger - modify that pix with a little bigger 165 and I may use it.:D
ron

Back