Your best knife pic of the week!

All of these knives have no scratchmarks good lord. Dont any of you do regrinds or thin behind the edge (i know some of you do...and do a good god damned job because you taught me)? Or do you just put the work in to then polish it back up to lookin pretty. Maybe its just me being unreasonable but rarely do I get a knife where it is as thin behind the edge as I prefer.

This guy is plenty thin bte.
DO8tMM7.jpg

All of these knives have no scratchmarks good lord. Dont any of you do regrinds or thin behind the edge (i know some of you do...and do a good god damned job because you taught me)? Or do you just put the work in to then polish it back up to lookin pretty. Maybe its just me being unreasonable but rarely do I get a knife where it is as thin behind the edge as I prefer.

If you mean scratchmarks from use, well there's plenty on many of my knives, particularly those that are work users. I generally don't take pics to highlight them unless the posting calls for it, but sometimes they do show through as in this week's of my user 705, just below the butterfly logo. I have one user 710/705 pair and another two kept like new as they're favorites, both separately and carried together. This guy has also been re-profiled which doesn't make it more TBE but does improve its cutting ability. It came to me with a clumsy sharpening job, so a re-do was called for anyway, though I didn't get too extreme with the angle as it's 154CM, a steel I like but don't wish to render too easily dulled.

UG56fP4.jpg

As to re-grinds, I only have my XM24, done to perfection a few years back by Josh at REK to a 600 grit which does show its finer grind lines and was posted in this thread here, back in its early days in October 2018.

How do you like that CTS-BD1? I’ve noticed that knives with that steel seem to be reasonably priced
It’s too new to have had to sharpen it yet, it should be easy, but this one is going to my daughter so I have only taken a few pictures of it. Mine comes tomorrow, so later on I’ll be able to give a first hand experience. You’re right, this steel sure does keep the price down, I’m more than happy with it. It should be just fine for my normal use, I have other heavy duty blades for the tough stuff when needed.

Back