Your BK&T knife

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
With the recent GAW:Your Ethan/Becker Knife &Tool Story going on, I’ve had a moment to reflect.

What is your one favorite Becker knife? Does it mean more to you than any other you own?
Why?
What is it about your favorite BK&T that you prefer over others?

For me it’s simple. My BK11.
It was my first BK&T purchase and it’s by far and away the Becker that I’ve used the most. It means more to me than my whole knife collection put together.

Why?... It’s hard to say. Maybe because it was my first BK&T knife. Maybe it’s because Ethan engraved his signature on it. I use it often and it’s popped many a frosty top. :D
I thought I had lost it once at a gathering. I held my cool, but I was freaking out. Finally found it...
It’s my favorite knife in the world and I never want to be without it.

Do you have a favorite BK&T knife?
Let’s hear it.

sllklvc.jpg

My BK-4 is definitely my favorite Becker.

I won it in a random late night contest from Moose several years ago. Decided to sand down the coating and file the bevels a bit and that turned it into a chopping beast for what I was using it for (mostly green stuff). I eventually put stainless hardware on it.

Without a doubt my favorite and most used Becker knife, and I would venture to say there aren't too many others that look like it.

NzPhEgr.jpg
NzPhEgrh.jpg

It would have to be my BK9. I mainly use my blades at the cabin for wood processing, so the 9 is my choice. I like that it's light weight, but chops so well. Batons like a champ, and if need be, I can still make a feather stick with it, with no problem. If I'm walking down the lane, the BK9 is on my side. If I'm sitting around the fire, the BK9 is always within reach. I'm way back in the boonies while there, and one never knows what's going to happen. Some crazy people out there.

The one that is my favorite is the BK4 I won at Beckerhead West. For as long as I have been aware of BK&T, I have been a fan of the Machax. It’s an interesting design and very useful. I even keep an extra in my truck JIC :)

Tough question! My 24 is my most carried and used. My 4 is the most fun to use. My 20, well the truth is I haven't used it yet. I've only used my 5 on handful of occasions but really like it. So much so, that I've got my fingers crossed hoping to get my hands on a 15. I hope that happens soon because it's hard to use my knives with my fingers crossed.

probably my BK16
the knife was given to me by E at a gathering, the Osage Orange scales were a gift from O Faller at the next gathering, and it's been on just about every outing I've had since those scales went on it. (I stripped and patina'd it after adding the scales)

10404081_10152882358189603_1967078677563136_n.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely my 16. Was my first real fixed blade knife that was over $20. Internet searches led me to Bladeforums and the Beckerhead community. My favorite knife for day hikes and overnighters. I have others in the same size range; but I'll make sure the 16 get used at least every other trip.

That's a tough question for me , I like all that I own. I carry the the 24 the most. I'm going to say the 4 has been such a fun blade to use and learn from,it also is light enough not to be a pain to bring along on hikes. If I were to put em in a pecking order I guess it would be like this.4,24,21,20,9,7,17,16,2,10,12,15,14,11,13 and even the 3 :D Subject to change without notice :p
IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1136.JPG

I have batoned the hell out of this blade ^^^^^^^^^ and the hook hasn't failed yet. Damn good heat treat! !!!!

If I was asked this question 1 year ago I'd have said most definitely my BK9, my first and most-used Becker at that time.

But, as soon as the BK20 came out I knew this was the one for me, and when I held it for the first time that only confirmed it. After nearly a calendar year of owning my BK20 I have only used my BK9 twice yet have had my BK20 on me every camping trip I can think of (15+). It's been used just as much, if not more, as my BK9 was and it's still going strong with seemingly much less wear (it's been beat on plenty, the coating just holds up better than the BK9). I cannot think of a better big knife option for myself, it's really perfect in my eyes for what I want out of a big knife.

B2WLqWg.jpg

I guess for me it would be my BK15s ... I use one in the kitchen quite often. I use another for grilling/bbqing.

And now that fall is here ... it isn't my hunting knife but I still carry a BK15 along side my hunting knife ... I use a 4" hunting knife to field dress animals ... but the 15 comes in so handy to help breakdown large game ... and fills in great for a boning knife if we are in camp and not home with all my equipment to process large game. I'll mention there is always a BK5 in camp to help with that also.

Last edited:
I can’t decide between my BK14 and my BK16. I carry the 14 every day. Every time I use the 16 I just smile and grin and laugh and wish that it would fit in my pocket. I guess the 14 it the pocket 16, which is probably why I like the 14, which probably means the BK16 is my favorite knife of all!
Make sense?

9 (booted out the 4 after head-to-head chop off). Next might be the 16 (even though I don’t have one yet ), then 15, 29, 20, 4, 11, 5, 24, 17...in that order...today....maybe...

BK16. This BK16.

Iqa2c4t.jpg

During the first gathering we got to see the initial tweener designs, the first ones that would later become the production models. This was the first time I met Ethan, and a few of some of the other Beckerheads. This was a weekend of a lot of the groundwork being laid for what the future would bring.

The 16 was something that fit, not when I first handled one, but when I was able to buy one. When I first handled one, I wasn't there in terms of skill or experience. I wasn't able to do as much with a knife that size versus something larger.

This knife has seen it all, done it all, ever since it found it's way to my hand. I have others, saber ground models without that horrible laser lettering across it, but those ones aren't this one. This one is special. It is MY knife. And it is perfect.

Back