Your Black Friday purchase?

Ordered a SOG Terminus xr with s35vn Friday 10% off and 2 hrs later I get emails for 20 and 30% off.
Paid 64 dollars for it.

I have been eyeing the Kizer Pinch in brown micarta for a while now because I have an unhealthy obsession with micarta but at $59 I just couldn’t pull the trigger. Saw it today (Cyber Monday) for $47.20 and took the plunge.

Found this 1991 Buck 532 at the local knife shop on Friday. No discount, but complementary home-made chili, hot dogs cooked in beer, and cookies available for "customer appreciation day".

49143649796_7ea0a00a80_b.jpg

Man I want a 532 so bad, but they cost too much for me to buy one.
The current BOTM is a 532 that's around $180, and even the Remington bullet version is $113.

Broke down and purchased a Hapstone M2 and a few stones for it. I've been interested in a sharpening system for a while and it seemed like a good option to try.

Picked up a Pena X series Lanny's Clip flipper from DLT Trading in S35VN and OD green micarta. This has been one I wanted for a long time, and I had $75 in shop credit and they were on Cyber Monday sale for $259.99 from the usual $299.99, so I caved.

PENA-4146__54289.1539298943.jpg

Also picked up a custom Kopis Knives Valiente. They were not on sale, they just had a random drop event for Cyber Monday where every hour they were posting some new custom work to the site, and I happened to be there a minute after this one posted.

5A317659-E5F8-43E8-B929-1796511CE022

Man I want a 532 so bad, but they cost too much for me to buy one.
The current BOTM is a 532 that's around $180, and even the Remington bullet version is $113.

I know! I did some online research and have seen this same knife -- the 1991 "Patent Pending" model with laminated wood covers -- listed for $125 to $200, although I don't know if anyone actually pays that much. When you get into the fancy custom ones the prices are astronomical. I was very happy to get this one for $60. :D

Well its Cyber Monday but I just ordered a Massdrop Gent for $60. How could I say no?
Replying to my own post. I just got tracking information on this... from Shenzen, China. Drop showed this in stock and stated I would have it in 3-10 days. Super deceptive from Drop imo. I know it was a good deal but that doesn't mean you can't inform the customer of the actual shipping situation. I'm a little irked atm. Buyer beware.

Flip side of my previous post I was looking for an edc pry bar type tool and found the Kizer Crocotool. Ordered one on the cheap for s35vn. Pretty excited to try out edcing a small fixed blade with extra options.

Replying to my own post. I just got tracking information on this... from Shenzen, China. Drop showed this in stock and stated I would have it in 3-10 days. Super deceptive from Drop imo. I know it was a good deal but that doesn't mean you can't inform the customer of the actual shipping situation. I'm a little irked atm. Buyer beware.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the last year or so. My experiences with "in stock" items has been excellent. However, I did get burned on a "drop" this past Spring. They apparently oversold the item. So people like me who jumped on at the last minute got a cancellation notice instead of a shipping notice when the time finally came. :(

I ordered a CJRB Taiga from them on Black Friday. It said it wouldn't ship until the 7th but since they had the lowest price, I didn't care. I saw the 40% off Gent sale on Cyber Monday and decided to make it my yearly Christmas present to myself. I guess we'll see how it goes...

Looks like mostly folding ones. I got my Hogue EX-F01 in desert tan delivered yesterday, as well as the pouch and a sharpener to put in.
This also add one more to my knife steel collection.

35153__59419.1555711718.jpg

51WEJWozn3L._AC_.jpg
$_32.JPG

I received my ZT 0640 yesterday. It s my first ZT since the 0551 and the 0560 first came out (not a flipper fan).
This knife is extremely well built. I can see how some people here are comparing it to their Sebenza. If it cost me $425, I wouldn't compare it to my Sebenza. But for $170, I have to say it s very close. I can see how some people would rather spend the $248 street price to get the 0640 than the $425 for the Sebenza.

Some of the Black Friday spoils finally arrived. Still waiting on one more knife.

Kizer John Gray GPB1
Ontario Rat 2
Flytanium brass scales for my Yojimbo 2(which I've already put a light patina on)

73240687_2687985147891129_593394206328750080_o.jpg

Back