Your comments please!

i see you love in ILL...how far are you from Chicago? i'd love to see this bad boy in person.

I'm about 3 hours due West of you...right along the Mississippi river. :D

Unfortunately, I think this pup is going in a box to it's new home in the next day or so (soon as the money gets here) so there won't be a chance for us to go to the dojo and whack some stuff up with it.

'Course, then it'd be a used sword and I'd have to repolish it but we'd have fun....;)

There will be more similar to this but probably not with the articulating mount and pinned fittings. Future ones will build on what I have learned and from the comments you folks have so graciously imparted. Right now I'm up to my armpits in projects and traditional mounts so it'll be a while. I got Randal Graham cooking me up some blades and we are conspiring on some tactical types as well.

So, it's gonna be a fun summer....:)

Brian

If we ground a single edge and Japanese style point onto a fencing foil... Well, modern technology would allow us to do so if we desired. But can you really still call it a "katana"? How much cutting power would a 7 ounce sword have?
try this: a ninja-style sword with a 16-inch sturdy blade, and a 10-inch handle (to still give you maximum leverage). in this design, additional weight helps. on a two-handed stroke, it will still deliver greaqt force. and it's short enough to be wielded one-hand for greater reach.

now, if i want a long, slim, and light blade (more than 36 inches overall) that can cut bamboo trunks without snapping, a slim 24"-upwards blade that's heavy towards the point, with a shortened radius (more pronounced curve), with handle at least 12 inches long.

the fact is, for a given handle length, the longer the blade (or more correctly, the farther the sweet spot moves from the handle) the less handy it is. this is the aspect that ought to be tricked out, in addition to weight.

I'm about 3 hours due West of you...right along the Mississippi river. :D

Unfortunately, I think this pup is going in a box to it's new home in the next day or so (soon as the money gets here) so there won't be a chance for us to go to the dojo and whack some stuff up with it.

'Course, then it'd be a used sword and I'd have to repolish it but we'd have fun....;)

There will be more similar to this but probably not with the articulating mount and pinned fittings. Future ones will build on what I have learned and from the comments you folks have so graciously imparted. Right now I'm up to my armpits in projects and traditional mounts so it'll be a while. I got Randal Graham cooking me up some blades and we are conspiring on some tactical types as well.

So, it's gonna be a fun summer....:)

Brian

shucks...that was my intention- to actually handle this baby in person and see how she moves...and maybe right you up a check. :(

congrats to the new owner.

Back