Your CPK grail

I use my choppers a lot. I have 2 light choppers, would not mind a heavier one. I procrastinated for too long with the BC pre-order and missed out.I think the BC might be too big, not sure. I would LOVE to have a heavy chopper!!

Last edited:
Ha! Quite right, Bob. Another one of those times I’ll just have strut about with it in the safety of my own home, pretending I’m so cool.:cool: Mike

I have, for quite some time, wanted a Burger and Sons swordcane. They make the best swordcanes, located South Africa. I want one, but will probably never get one. Obviously not a CPK grail, lol.

I’ve had at least 2 examples of every pattern Nathan has made and my current most used and basically grail I couldn’t be without is my edge cut vintage micarta (ECVM) handled racing light chopper (RLC).

Long ago I acquired a proto RLC from Lorien, but he got sentimental and wanted it back. I didn’t really want to give it up. But I felt all guilty about him wanting to rebuild his group of protos and I realized how it must be for him, as his work with CPK is so successful and how much that must mean to him on a personal level. So one day I boxed it up and sent it back home to him unannounced as a gift.

I asked Nathan and Jo if they would
be willing to make me a RLC as I did want to have one and to my surprise not only did they agree to make one, they gifted it to me.

It has served me very well in every use and I wouldn’t give it up. Combined with how it came to be, can’t ask for more than that. She has the first Randall style pancake sheath which was custom Sagewood that Brian did for it before he agreed to make it a standard offering.

If I am being honest, my ECVM FK is a damn close second, wood handles examples up there as well. But they don’t have as good of a good story.

that was truly a win-win-win scenario- I got my knife back, Nate got a Sebenza, and you got a non dinged RLC!

Ha! Quite right, Bob. Another one of those times I’ll just have strut about with it in the safety of my own home, pretending I’m so cool.:cool: Mike

Yeah, Mike, somewhat akin to my several Hanson, Rangermade and Bingenheimer folders that cannot be sold or transferred, thanks to the handle material, LOL. I suppose we both have the same kind of issue, but not so bad of one to live with.

Anything I can pre order = grail :) :) :) lol

Seriously though HDFK , UF , FK&2, DEK That 4-6 inch blade is my favorite , next 7.5-9ish :)

Guess I just love knives :) I still have 1980’s ish Explorer knives I think Kmart ? Lol

In a literal sense, as a drinking vessel, it would have to be the CPK coffee cup I will own one day.

Its the skinner for me! Judging solely from pics it looks to like it would fit me just right. It also reminds me of an old kitchen knife my parents used to use for literally EVERYTHING. I had sketched out a plan for a knife years back, if I ever had the means to make one on my own, and I based it on that kitchen knife. When I first laid eyes on the CPK d2 skinner I got that... "I just have to have it rush!" One day... one day...

In a literal sense, as a drinking vessel, it would have to be the CPK coffee cup I will own one day.

They have that !?!?!?!?! !! I need I need , gimmie gimmie gimmmmiiieee :)
( what about bob )

That and my black rifle coffee I’m all set :) :) lol

Reactions: mb>
Back