Your current top 3 on the list

I suspected this was the case. Out of curiosity, what’s your source for the info?

I guess it means I was lucky(?) to pick up a steely at the very end of the run. It’s a great knife. You’re going to love it.

I stumbled across the information while surfing reddit. I also noticed they mention it in the description at GPknives, they state:

"CQI: In the quest for Constant Quality Improvement Spyderco has updated the SpydieChef with a ceramic detent ball for added corrosion resistance and smooth operation."

I concur wholeheartedly. Grey G-10 and I click the "Buy It Now" button.

Also gotta get a White River Knucklehead for mushroom season.

Oh, and if somebody convinces me that I need an Inkosi from CRK, I might still indulge. Not thus far, though.

They added the Mini Crooked River to the custom shop on Benchmade’s website since my post. I just placed my order for one in grey G10 :)

Top 3:

Newer version of the HD7 with lockbar insert.

When I save up some money and if I can find it another Shamwari

For the 3rd lets go really crazy and say a Bill Bagwell Bowie.

I’m eyeballing a Rawles Voyager and at some point want to get my hands on a serrated Shaman and a Bark River Donnybrook.

In no particular order...and whenever I have some extra cash....
ZT 0462blk
ZT 0095TANBLK
Cold Steel Recon 1 clip point

Benchmade Griptilian 551-1

Although that list changes a lot, was going to buy the 462blk this week but ended up buying another 0200 instead lol

Just got my griptilian in the mail so I’m gonna cross that off my list and put the 0095tanblk in its spot. It’s a really cool knife, just gotta get used to the axis system, I don’t think I’ll ever find a brand I like better than ZT, they seem to have the perfect balance between EDC and tactical

Last edited:
A thornburn, Blomerus or a JD deventer ( all depends whats available at the SA knife guilds show in August)
Reate's Jack
Microtech Halo VI ( i hope)
Just bought the reate jack, it was worth the wait. together with the Thornburn i've acquired a few month back, i'm 2 out of 3 so far:), still 2 month to go till the year ends. I'll come back later for my top 3 picks for 2019!

This thread has had a funny time capsule effect, even in the brief 3 months since it started. I’ve completely lost interest in some knives, and bought 3. I wound up getting the Kizer Gemini, Kizer Ursa Minor, and Olamic Wayfarer 247. Lost all interest in buying Hinderers. Increased interest in the WE Wisp and Rectifier, another Wayfarer 247, the Liong Mah Eraser, the Koenig Arius, and CKF Morrf5.

Current 3 as of this morning:

1. Monterey Bay Knives/Ray Laconico EZC when it releases in Dec/Jan

2. CKF Morrf5

3. A special ordered Wayfarer 247.

Looking forward to seeing this thread pop up again in a few months!

This thread has had a funny time capsule effect, even in the brief 3 months since it started. I’ve completely lost interest in some knives, and bought 3. I wound up getting the Kizer Gemini, Kizer Ursa Minor, and Olamic Wayfarer 247. Lost all interest in buying Hinderers. Increased interest in the WE Wisp and Rectifier, another Wayfarer 247, the Liong Mah Eraser, the Koenig Arius, and CKF Morrf5.

Current 3 as of this morning:

1. Monterey Bay Knives/Ray Laconico EZC when it releases in Dec/Jan

2. CKF Morrf5

3. A special ordered Wayfarer 247.

Looking forward to seeing this thread pop up again in a few months!

I can concur completely.
Of the 3 I listed 3 + months ago, I got the Lionsteel combo both in white CF that I wanted.
The Arno Bernard Bateleur and the D2 version of Rat II have lost their top priority position and I've purchased several other knives before them. Most of those due to low priced opportunities presenting themselves. Get the discontinued knife on the list before you can't get it type of thing.

As of right now my top 3 in line to buy would be
a Puukko that comes up and calls to me on the exchange.
Bradford Guardian 3.5
Esee CR2.5

Of course that can and probably will change tomorrow.

An odd feeling, and not a bad one, I can honestly say that I have no knives on my current desired list.
Maybe I need to sell a few and start reading more about blades on the web.
I ll keep hanging out around here and see if that changes.

Dan of Bazz Clazz Dan of Bazz Clazz have you found that a taste or quirk has changed?
Not at all. I still love Arno's knives and the Rat II. I've cooled a bit on buying the Bateleur more because I already have a Arno Bernard Marabou which is almost identical. Ditto, I already have a Rat II, only in the original steel. So the urge to buy stuff I didn't have versus buying a virtual duplicate of what I already did have in a slightly different version has been the reason for the change.

#1 A titanium flipper running on bearings from some newer Chinese brand (Probably going to end up going with Two Sun) as I'd like to see the hype for myself. Trying to keep it under 130.00.

#2 A SAK of some sort, probably an Alox variety. Looking for a keychain knife with scissors.

#3 A small fixed blade from Warren Thomas.

#1 A titanium flipper running on bearings from some newer Chinese brand (Probably going to end up going with Two Sun) as I'd like to see the hype for myself. Trying to keep it under 130.00.

#2 A SAK of some sort, probably an Alox variety. Looking for a keychain knife with scissors.

#3 A small fixed blade from Warren Thomas.

For the full effect of point 1, you’d need to check out Reate or the knives they make for Liong Mah. The WE, Kizer, etc stuff can be great (my Ursa Minor is freakish for the money), but the Reate flippers are about as good as it gets until you get into Andrei Sander (first hand confirmation), Shirogorov (based on rep), etc.

For a straight up cutting tool on bearings, at a great value, the WE Rectifier is awesome.

For the full effect of point 1, you’d need to check out Reate or the knives they make for Liong Mah. The WE, Kizer, etc stuff can be great (my Ursa Minor is freakish for the money), but the Reate flippers are about as good as it gets until you get into Andrei Sander (first hand confirmation), Shirogorov (based on rep), etc.

For a straight up cutting tool on bearings, at a great value, the WE Rectifier is awesome.
I'll do some research. I hadn't really considered Reate for some reason. I'm partial to Two Sun because there's a couple designs that really catch my eye, and I've heard incredible things about the quality for the price. Curiosity and all.

CR Large Inkosi (can’t decide between PJ & Wilson Combat)
ZT 0609. I’ll buy it as soon as the knuckleheads release the pivot tool.
Spyderco SMOCK & Redback; whichever hits the street first.

Well, it’s been 4 months and my list hasn’t changed. My last knife purchase was early June, so I guess I’m over due. I expect I’ll pick at least one of these up before year’s end...heck, maybe all three!

1. The new Doug Ritter Hogue (not Benchmade o_O) RSK-MK1-G2 that I pre-ordered from KW about 2 months ago, if it ever shows up.
2. Olamic Busker from the website custom shop. I checked out a number of variations on the model at the California Custom Knife Show last weekend and became quite enamored with the little devils.
3. Ultratech Hellhound Signature Series. Hoping they remain in stock somewhere until I can get together the scratch to pick one up.

Spyderco TECHNO 2
CRK small sebenza insingo KA CF
CRK large plain jain Inkosi - or a Gareth bull Shamwari... it will depend on time, budget and mood :)

These would be the dream 3 for me presently

Holt Specter
Shiro Hati
Grimsmo Rask

Now, seeing as Holt and Grimsmo may never open their books again, i will never see those two. So, in their stead I will put

Spyderco Paysan
WE Plemora

Back