Your EDC/knife drawer WITH PICS

Ive been collecting for a couple years and have a small but nice collection I feel. I first would store my knives lined up in a little stone box I bought at TJ Maxx. but I was running out of room. Then last summer I built a bookshelf with some drawers in it and planned on using one of the drawers for my knives.

this is the bookshelf I made.
IMG_1103.jpg

I first tried lining the bottom with a thick leather but they kept sliding around so I tried some foam that I cut out inserts for. But every time I got a new one or traded/sold an old one I would have to remake the foam.
IMG_00312.jpg

so at the present and what I think is my best solution yet, this is what I have.
IMG_002711.jpg

the black frame is made from dowels and trim from home depot and the bottom is wool felt that has been washed several times and ironed to so there is no bleeding of dye.

what do you guys think? and please post pics of your edc/knife drawer or storage area.

That is a pretty sweet set up! The book shelf is very nice as well!

I like the individual sections for your folders, looks good.

It's getting late here, but I'll try and take a pic of my knife case tomorrow! :)

Great idea and nice setup. I'd just have to figure out where to put my sock collection ;).

What are the four knives in the lower left?

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/JPR984/IMG_002711.jpg[IMG]
the black frame is made from dowels and trim from home depot and the bottom is wool felt that has been washed several times and ironed to so there is no bleeding of dye.

what do you guys think? and please post pics of your edc/knife drawer or storage area.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything similar to this that's ready-made for those of us with the carpentry skills of a decorative autumn squash? Nice work by the way.

Nice job sir! I just keep my knives in a toolbox in my home office. Most of my SAKs are still in their boxes. I'd also be interested in knowing what those four folders at the bottom left are also. They look like carbon fiber scales on them.

Thanks for the complements guys! The four knives in the bottom left corner are Klotzli of Switzerland http://www.klotzli.com/ they indeed have carbon fiber handles and some of the best fit and finish ive seen even next to the chris reeves. They are great light gentleman's knives.

in terms of what I have seen there is nothing that is exactly like this out to buy, but at stores like bed bath and beyond they have the kitchen utensil organizers that have different size compartments. I wanted something very specific so i had to make it, but the tray didn't take all that much carpentry skills. It was actually very simple the only tools I needed was a hand saw and sandpaper I made each of the pieces very very precisely and glued it all together.

Well done, JP! I use one of those utensil compartment organizers and just stick it in a dresser drawer, but your set-up is indeed very nicely done.
Thanks for the complements guys! The four knives in the bottom left corner are Klotzli of Switzerland http://www.klotzli.com/ they indeed have carbon fiber handles and some of the best fit and finish ive seen even next to the chris reeves. They are great light gentleman's knives.

in terms of what I have seen there is nothing that is exactly like this out to buy, but at stores like bed bath and beyond they have the kitchen utensil organizers that have different size compartments. I wanted something very specific so i had to make it, but the tray didn't take all that much carpentry skills. It was actually very simple the only tools I needed was a hand saw and sandpaper I made each of the pieces very very precisely and glued it all together.

Sorry the lighting wasn't very good this morning, so the pics didn't turn out that great, but I just snapped a couple pics of my knife case....

My wife actually bought me this as a gift. The idea being that it can be locked closed now that we have small children around:

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

I also keep a couple little organizers on my computer desk near the front entry to my house. I usually throw my most used EDC's here so I can grab what I want on my way out the door..... or just to play with while I'm on the computer. :)

003-7.jpg

wait you built that bookshelf? or just the drawer organizer? Either way nice setup and nice knives.

Handcrafted hardwood cabinets lined with exotic animal pelts are fine and dandy, but some of us just pile up our hoard all over the basement.

kn1.jpg

kn7.jpg

kn3.jpg

kn4.jpg

kn5.jpg

kn6.jpg

Last edited:
powernoodle, you should think about trying out Spyderco. If only you'd give 'em a chance I think you just might like them. :p

Powernoodle -- thats a fun collection. Nice stuff.

Handcrafted hardwood cabinets lined with exotic animal pelts are fine and dandy, but some of us just pile up our hoard all over the basement.

I like the hoarding method... are those arranged by manufacurer date or blade steel? :)

Whats that black folder in the middle there, with the clip?... no the one further to the right... no above the .....nevermind :p

kn7.jpg

kn1.jpg

kn7.jpg

kn3.jpg

kn4.jpg

kn5.jpg

kn6.jpg

you have way too many spydercos. you should let me take some of those off your hands:D

1920's to 30's era watch crystal case.

Dsc00342.jpg

Kershaw drawer:
Dsc00343.jpg

Spyderco drawer:
Dsc00344.jpg

Spyderco & Buck drawer:
Dsc00345.jpg

SAK, Case & CRKT drawer:
Dsc00346.jpg

CRKT, SOG & Ka-Bar drawer:
Dsc00347.jpg

Schrade, Opinel, SOG & Benchmade drawer:
Dsc00349.jpg

:D

Ok, suddenly that occasional panicky feeling that I've got too much stuff (too many knives) is starting to subside. ;)

Prof.

Back