Jeremy Robertson (Calavera Cutlery)
Eric Tullis (Direware)
Scott Cook
Andrew Demko
Mick Strider
Chris Reeve
Tom Mayo

EDIT:
Almost forgot about Jared Oesser and Ben Tendick. Those are two fairly new favorites added to the list.

EDIT 2:
Whoops, I don't think Ben is making folders yet. Regardless he still deserves a mention.

Last edited:
There is so many great folder makers, hard to choose!!!
Hinderer
Scot Matsuoka
Mayo
Tighe
JW Smith
Graham
Sniper Blade Works
Carillo
Demko
RJ Martin
Les Voorhies
Les George
Anso
GTC
Burnley
Larry Hostetler
Randy Douchette
Terzuola
Brian Fellhoelter
Lightfoot
Lambert
Just to name a few.

Not much of a folder guy but have been lusting after some Laconico & Allan Davis folders.
And Jared Oesser sure is coming on strong too,his work looks like he's been doing them for years.

Sean Kendrick
Grayman

I have a Grayman Dua and it quickly replaced my other hard use EDC, the HEST 2.0. I'm a fan of Sean Kendrick's work and have a few of his production pieces made by Hallmark Cutlery. The Fire Splitter is a huge chunk of knife that is built like a tank and weighs as much as one too. Its a fantastic value for the money.
His customs are made from titanium and weigh much less and cost much more. I'd like to get a Harbinger custom someday.

http://www.kendrickhandmadeknives.com/

Others that I really admire are:
Anso
Laconico
Alan Davis
T.A. Davison
Demko
Michael Vagnino

Not in any particular order, my favorite folder designs have come from:

Brad Southard (Downing Drop point/Hawkbill, Tozer, Daws, Tarsus)
Brian Fellhoelter (Fotuki)
Peter Rassenti (Ti Integral flipper)
Spyderco (Military), /Sal & Eric Glesser (Paramilitary 2, Calypso), /Gayle Bradley (Air), /Bob Lum (Ti Lum Chinese), /Fred Perrin (PPT)
Farid Mehr (K2)
Ken Onion (Leek, Offset)
Tim Galyean (Lahar, Junkyard Dawg)
Gareth Bull (Warlock, Warlock II)
Kershaw (Speedform, Barrage/Salvo)
Zero Tolerance/Ken Onion (ZT0200), /Rick Hinderer (ZT0550/551)
Jeremy Horton (TAC-4)
Benchmade (806 AFCK)
Emerson (CQC-10, Persian)
Chris Reeve (Mnandi, Insingo)
Trisak Jeeracheeveekul of Yuna Knives (Zen, Assassin)

I'm sure there are a few more obscure ones, but that's pretty much what pops up when I think of favorite folders...

Last edited:
Hinderer
Laconico
Begg

I have a hinderer, working on getting a Laconico and then saving forever for a Begg Bodega.

If you throw in slip joints, TA Davison is up there as well.

Dalibor
Andrew Demko
Chris Martin
Chris Reeves
Jake Hoback
Ron Flaherty
Walter Randolph
I like the strider smf but lots of politics there...

Jake Hoback
Jon Graham
David Curtiss
Gus Ccchini
Those are the makers that come to mind at the moment.

hmmmmm... Jake Hoback, Horton, RJ Martin, GTC (Ridiculousness he comes up with, much respect), David Mosier, Phil Boguszewski ( his flippers are outstanding), I love Mayo's Dr. Death, soon I hope Mr. Fairley jumps to the top of the list ; ) Southard's blades look awesome, but i've never handled one. I've got a Busse SFNO that kicks ass, but I think I'm done with the Busse's though. I've got high hopes for Geoff aka Tuff Thumbs, he's got tons of potential and i'm on the list for one of his Fallout flippers.

Back