Your Favorite Galyean Pro Series

boobar

Gold Member
I want a Pro Series knife but I am not sure which one. I really like the JYD but they are almost impossible to find so it really is mostly down to the Lahar and the Turbulence.

Of all three which one does everyone like the best and why.

I am pretty much only interested in the large version of the JYD and the Lahar.

The JYD is my favorite, hands down. Actually, the JYD is in my top three overall designs. I just love the way the handle feels and the shape of the blade. It's an excellent blade and I love carrying both my Large and Small. I haven't had a chance to carry my Lahars yet, but I will soon enough. I'm looking forward to start carrying them. The Turbulence is an excellent knife and out of all of them, this one flips the easiest and quickest for me. The handle shape and blade shape are fantastic and it rides beautifully in the pocket. I love the blade stop / thumbstuds and the texturing of the scales.

I'm really looking forward to the next model and I hope that Tim keeps the handles nice and smooth like in the Prototype. There something about the plain and simple look of the knife that really appeals to me. If the next one (Drone?) isn't smooth overall, I may have to pick up one of the smooth Turbulences from KnifeArt.

So now that I've gone all over the place, I'll come back to the beginning. The JYD is my favorite out of all of them. :D :thumbup:

I have a small JYD and it's everything you could want in a folder. Great design from the ergos of the handle to the full flat grind and sturdy tip. I also really dig the old WWII throwback designof the handle. Big P40 fan here.

Never stopped liking the JYD the most, though the hand ground Lahar blades are pretty sweet.

The Pro Series JYD is the one that I have wanted from the start so I guess I will keep trying to find one.

JYD for me as well. I have 2. I large regular and the large all black TNK version.

JYD for me as well. I have 2. I large regular and the large all black TNK version.

I have seen the all black small version on TNK's website but I was unaware that they made an all black large version.

Very interesting.

If I really had to pick, it'd be the Turbulence - to me it's the best overall size for EDC and the blade shape is perfect for my utility chores I do when I'm out and about.

I'd love to add this one to the collection (pic courtesy of Neil):

GLP_6900_1_800.jpg

Is the only difference between the TNK version and the straight from Tim version the handle pattern?

I pulled the trigger and bought a large blue Lahar from Neil at TNK. I have to say that this is by far one of the nicest knives I have ever had the opportunity to lay my hands on. The fit and finish are second to none. The lockup is very similar to a bank vault. The flipper with IKBS is super smooth and fun to flick.

Kudos to Tim for a fine piece of cutlery. I am going to have to invest in some of Tim's other designs now. :D

Congrats to you. The Lahar is my favorite. I'm waiting for the new one to come out. I beleive is call the "Drone".

Just paid for my first Galyean, the small JYD, from a fellow member here.
Can't wait to get it in hand!

Will be sure to share some photos.

Back