Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:

• Colt 1911 and clones/variants

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Browning Hi power and clones/variants

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CZ75 and clones/variants

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Anything H&K

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Beretta 92F and clones/variants

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I am a revolver guy

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
I just have to say it..........it's threads like this that make me love the Busse forum on BF and Busse collectors.:)

Possibly my all time favourite.......my 70 Series Government.;)

IMG_0110.jpg

Last edited:
No Walthers on the list?

I love my PPQ. I couldn't hit a volkswagon at 10m with it but its still a beatifuly engineered little pistol and has been super reliable and unfussy with ammo.. The accuracy is most definatel me and not the gun.

Lawrie

No Walthers on the list?

I love my PPQ. I couldn't hit a volkswagon at 10m with it but its still a beatifuly engineered little pistol and has been super reliable and unfussy with ammo.. The accuracy is most definatel me and not the gun.

Lawrie

There wasn't enough polling room for it by itself, but I did include it with others in one spot. I don't think I could have displaced any of the others for Walther, sorry. You could vote where it is listed with FN and others or just vote for Glock, since it is just a repackaged glock clone with the same trigger safety, but a higher bore axis. lol

Hard to say. I love my 1911 pattern guns, but I have a CZ75 Shadow that is wonderful, and a Colt King Cobra stainless that makes my manties drop every time I pull it out. I also have a 629 Stealth Hunter that is not stock, that is a pleasure to shoot, but a bitch to clean.

fWIW my carry gun is a Colt Wiley Clapp Commander that is not stock.

A P365 is my next handgun since my Les Baer 6” 10mm fund got rolled into a ‘new carpet on the 2nd floor’ fund.

I will probably get a P365 XL just because I like the platform but that 15 round mag just looks silly. It may feel great in the hand though.

I can get a glock 43x for $350, but looks like the sig p365 is $500. Seems like a lot more for not much difference.

The Glock 43 seems a good choice to me. Glock reliability, 9mm Single stack, light weight, (7) round magazine with the extension, and nice hold with the Talon Grips, Night Sights. A nice piece. I have the Talo edition shown. A lot of firepower from a small pistol.
IMG_1287.JPGIMG_1286.JPG

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy the .45 Wilson SDS, I'm not sure I can prefer it to my P7 PSP as a carry gun. Yes, the P7 weighs a ton for its size; yes, the mag is tiny and the mag release's location feels very odd at first; yes, its prone to piston fouling and overall its more complicated to work on than my swiss watch. But the thing is an absolute tack driver with 147g golden sabers, and for whatever reason it draws, presents, and fires better than anything else I've ever held.

In terms of handguns that will see outdoor use rather than concealed carry, I still use the same full size USP I bought the day I turned 21. It was well worn when I bought it, and it just works every time no matter how dirty and/or wet it may be.

Remember the Ruger Police Model 6? My first pistol and first carry gun, that should date me as an antique too!
A blued 4" Ruger Security Six was my first handgun, purchased in ~1975. I later sold it and bought a stainless steel 6" Security Six - I still have it, and it is very accurate.

Back