Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:

• Colt 1911 and clones/variants

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Browning Hi power and clones/variants

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CZ75 and clones/variants

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Anything H&K

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Beretta 92F and clones/variants

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I am a revolver guy

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
The sig has got to be one of the sexiest guns of all time. Right up there with the 1911 in looks.

while glocks look more like this

wJdVQHQ.jpg
I was laughing out loud at this! :D

I can get a glock 43x for $350, but looks like the sig p365 is $500. Seems like a lot more for not much difference.

Sig Sauer P365 Specs
Caliber: 9mm
Action: Semi-Auto
Accessory Rail: SIG Rail
Mag Capacity: 10 rd.
Weight: 17.8 oz. (Unloaded Magazine)
Barrel Length: 3.1 inches
Overall Length: 5.8 inches
Height: 4.3 inches

Width: 1.0 inches
Sights: XRAY3 Day/Night Sights

GLOCK G43X Specs
Caliber: 9mm Luger
Action Type: Semi-Auto
Accessory Rail: N/A
Mag Capacity: 10 rd.
Weight: 18.40 oz (unloaded magazine)
Barrel Length: 3.41
Overall Length: 6.5 inches
Height: 5.04 inches

Width: .87
Sights: GLOCK Night Sights (GNS)/AmeriGlo BOLD/GLOCK Polymer

#1 The Glock 43X is approximately .7" larger in two areas that I feel are significant for a "pocket gun". #2 The P365 comes with their XRay3 Day/Nights Sights as standard the Glock comes with standard polymer. #3 The Sig P365 has 12 and now 15 round FACTORY mags and it is still very small with the 12 rounder in it. #4 It is a very nice shooting little pistol but I haven't shot the 43X so I can't say it's "better".

With your price on the 43X being as low as it is, I would definitely get one to try out. I would probably get a 48 too since they have the same mags.

I'm sure at some point, I will have one of each but with my current INFI habit being out of control I've settled on the P365 for now

What’s your opinion on your 3” SP101. I’ve been wanting one for years and I may pull the trigger soon!
I like the SP101 2.25" 357 revolver; the grip feels excellent in my hand. At 26 oz. for the 2.25" model (27 oz. for the 3"), it is light compared to a K frame S&W at 33.5 oz, but recoil is still manageable, especially with the lighter-charged 110 gr. magnum loads, and even more so with 38 special loads. If the grip feels good in your hand, I think you will enjoy it.

My favorite edc pistol is my HK USP Compact 45. One of the advantages to being a bigger guy is that there is more of me to conceal a pistol on. That gun shoots for me and if I ever need it I would rather have a bigger gun that I can hit stuff with as opposed to something easier to carry that I am not proficient with.

Garth

For me the one that gets most concealed carry is the 3” SP101 just because it’s so easy, and I still have a supply of 180 gr Black Talons I really like in that gun. (talk about revealing age :eek::D) No fun to shoot, but the stopping power is impressive.:cool:

When I’m able to open carry, my favorite is a fine-tuned 6” Smith 629.

I do have some autos I enjoy shooting and carry occasionally. Favorites are an old 3rd gen G19, a G21SF, and an Ed Brown LW Kobra Carry which feels, points and shoots the best of anything I own. I do love that gun.

I have 3 carry guns which all get used at different times based on clothing/situation/weather, etc. Glock 42 with UW+P XTP ammo, mostly pocket carry; Sig P365 w/10 round mag for pocket carry and 12 round for IWB; and lastly an LCP for when I need to go light/deep conceal.

I just saw that too. Taking a very successful concealed carry pistol and making it larger - I'm not sure I understand that. :confused:

If I understand correctly ... the P365XL is the same size as the regular P365 while it has the extended 12 round magazine in ...

They just reworked the grip so it's longer and holds a flush fit 12 round magazine ...

If I understand correctly ... the P365XL is the same size as the regular P365 while it has the extended 12 round magazine in ...

They just reworked the grip so it's longer and holds a flush fit 12 round magazine ...
I could not remember for sure, so I checked the Sig website.
Here are the dimensions of each:
P365comp.JPG
The XL is bigger all around.

I could not remember for sure, so I checked the Sig website.
Here are the dimensions of each:
View attachment 1158926
The XL is bigger all around.

I hadn't checked the website for specs ... I was going by their emails I get and they sent one recently and they made it sound like it was the same gun with a long grip and flush fitting mags that would be the same size as the regular P365 with the extended 12 rounder ... good to know

Actually, I'd make the comparison like this...
lSa5XQD.jpg
xmFRp2C.jpg

Both are modes of transportation and are fun to ride, but one is more blingy with frequent maintenance required.:D

(ETA: I own, carry and enjoy both Glocks and 1911's, so the above was just a friendly reply in jest to the good Doctor);):thumbsup:

Last edited:
By far, my favorite hunting pistol is my S&W 500 Bone Collector edition!

Unbelievably accurate!

Jerry

Big knives, big guns; eh Jerry?

Or are you hinting at what's next???

The world may never know.

Although, that's a nice choice. It's a Lot of gun, though. A 45 ACP will fit down in a 500 hull, with room left over

As much as I love a good 1911 or a revolver I’d choose a Glock.
My go to for 20 years has been a G23, it has done everything I need and has been supremely reliable.
I enjoy 1911’s and revolvers as well and have carried both but I always go back to the Glock.

Back