Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:

• Colt 1911 and clones/variants

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Browning Hi power and clones/variants

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CZ75 and clones/variants

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Anything H&K

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Beretta 92F and clones/variants

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I am a revolver guy

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
Okay, the question in the title says "Your Favorite Handgun" and that's like asking which of your kids you like best. Fortunately the question was further clarified to "What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:", so my answers are narrowed down.... a little. I'm gonna narrow it down to three types of handguns (SA Revolver, DA Revolver and Pistol) because I could easily see myself carrying any of these three for the rest of my days (I have too many "Favorites" to post up, but most of them are favorites because of an emotional/sentimental attachment and not because I'd carry them every day). My current summertime off duty carry pistol is a Sig P-365 and although I like it, it's a compromise (Like Garth, I'd rather have a full sized fighting gun with me and carry one 3/4 of the year). Prior to the P-365, I pocket carried a 640-1 in the summertime. So, my Top Three Carry Guns for 95% of what I need a handgun for are a Ruger New Model Flattop Blackhawk (45Colt), a S&W 25-9 (45Colt) and/or a Glock 21SF RTF2 (45ACP).
GTope4t.jpg

7reREKg.jpg

VV6bZAG.jpg

Since the Bossman threw down the gauntlet for favorite hunting revolver, here's mine... a highly customized Old Model Ruger Blackhawk (45Colt that shoots Beartooth 345gr WLNGC bullets into teeny tiny groups):
FOMWeQp.jpg

Last edited:
As long as we're talking quality firearms there's room for everyone. Quality doesn't have to be expensive just preferably not made in Brazil :)

Lots of Sig love, maybe this should be a contender..

View attachment 1159118

And it's SIG FTW ... as the crowd goes wild ... :D

Or maybe my stomach just growled got home late forgot to eat supper ... sorry ...o_O

But yeah I love my 1911s ... but gotta love my Sigs too ... the original Sigs not the new polymer things ... :thumbsup:

My everyday is the S&W PC1911. Since it's my 99% carry, I guess it could be my forever gun. My dress-up go small is a Springer Micro Compact. And my get dirty carry is usually a Shield or Glock. Maybe once or twice a year, I'll put on a wheel gun after some range time. But don't have any that I really love. Just a couple Taurus and a pair of LCR's.

k4bbs1.jpg

25ks9w5.jpg

Just in case it hits the fan, I only own guns chambered in common sizes. Only 9mm, .45 ACP, .22 LR, 5.56 NATO, and .308 WIN. But that Glock 10mm seems to be calling out for me! I am nervous about finding ammo when I need it for a decent price though...

Anybody here own a 10mm?

Last edited:
Just in case it hits the fan, I only own guns chambered in common sizes. Only 9mm, .45 ACP, .22 LR, 5.56 NATO, and .308 WIN. But that Glock 10mm seems to be calling out for me! I am nervous about finding ammo when I need it for a decent price though...

Anybody here own a 10mm?

Of course. One of my favorite pistol rounds. I have a glock and a colt delta elite

Anybody here own a 10mm?

I have an original Delta Elite and S&W 610. I have always been a fan of the 10mm. Just an excellent round. I had a Glock in 10mm and I liked it but the frame cracked. It shot fine with the cracked frame. Never stopped working. Glock did replace the frame no questions, but I never trusted the gun again and sold it.

Anybody here own a 10mm?

Prior to a back country trip to CO a couple years back, I bought a full Glock 20 10mm “upper” for my Glock 21, and a couple of G20 mags. I was with guys with rifles who were hunting elk, and I wanted something capable of handling black bears for myself while I was off fishing solo. So I loaded a mag with 165gr gold dots for the drive out and back, and the other mag with 200gr solid cast lead for the time afield. Nice having 15+1 on hand. Both rounds shot very nicely out of that large frame pistol. But frankly all my carry guns have migrated to 9mm and the 10mm sits in the safe except for trips to bear country.

I have an original Delta Elite and S&W 610. I have always been a fan of the 10mm. Just an excellent round. I had a Glock in 10mm and I liked it but the frame cracked. It shot fine with the cracked frame. Never stopped working. Glock did replace the frame no questions, but I never trusted the gun again and sold it.

Very rare to see a cracked glock frame. The only glock failures I have seen has almost always been overproof loads or other ammo issue and in some cases aftermarket barrels. I have put about 1800 rounds though my 20 with no issue. If anything is going to crack it is usually going to be a slide. I doubt you would ever see that again. Funny thing is that there has been way more Delta Elite cracked frames.

Having said that if a gun is going to go boom, I would rather have my hand around metal than plastic.

Thanks for the info on the 10mm. I know I probably wouldn't use it much, but I think they're just so cool! Maybe I'll splurge on an HK Mark 23 .45 instead lol.

My CZ 75bd is what feels the best for me and what I shoot the best.

My DW Valor is a work of art and a laser.

I'm trying to transition to Glock with a 19x and 45 right now.

Back