Your favorite Imperial Schrade oddity in your collection?

Codger_64

For me it would be my Imperial Schrade balls. Not every collector has genuine Schrade balls.

2co6bgm.jpg

In my experience, the best source has been at the primate section of zoos in British Columbia after particularly harsh winter weather.

Knife or non-knife. Do any of you have the belt buckles, hats, shirts, tee shirts, travel mugs, or thermos bottles? I like that old printer's block!

Do any of you have the belt buckles, hats, shirts, tee shirts, travel mugs, or thermos bottles?

I've seen the thermoses, but not lately. The belt buckles are always listed for ridiculous prices. And I wouldn't be interested in clothing items. I don't have the compass either.

This is my largest Old Timer item. Not too unusual though:
Schradecabinet.jpg

Check out this ended auction for an Old Timer sharpening stone: I didn't bid due to the used condition. I'm not even sure if it's a Schrade item.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Old...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That sharpening stone is an oddity! I goes with my Old Tmer butcher knife and Old Timer pareing knife soo... if I had to guess, I would say it was made by or for Landers Frary & Clark, one of the two companies who had used the Old Timer branding prior to the Baer brothers' "inventing" it.

A seller from that auction place gave me a Schrade Old Timer belt buckle as a freebie earlier this year. I like it but wouldn't mount that large heavy thing on a belt and wear it. I wonder how many different buckles they comissioned over the years?

Piggy bank Van. Don't think this was made directly for Schrade though.

Russell

dsc01302ag3.jpg

Very little of the bling was. Still, much of it was authorized ad promos.

Tis the Season for Schrade Balls.

I've been displaying mine for the Christmas season. I think these are the only two types that are out there. No date on the white one but packaging is about the same so I'm guessing '90s as well. The change from "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays" makes me think the white one is more recent.

RtsOt2M.jpg

QBl61Z9.jpg

917QXQR.jpg

Last edited:
This box is the oddity in my Schrade Collection, they are very hard to find in Australia or the U.S.A.
They were sent to Australia, to a knife seller, that sold Schrade Knives in the 1990's
What I find very odd, is that the box was sent empty, packed in a cardboard carton. Ken.
medium

Last edited:
This box is the oddity in my Schrade Collection, they are very hard to find in Australia or the U.S.A.
They were sent to Australia, to a knife seller, that sold Schrade Knives in the 1990's
What I find very odd, is that the box was sent empty, packed in a cardboard carton. Ken.
medium
Here's more info for ya koldgold. They were all sent empty. You have an "Item #1UB" "Utility Box" as listed on page 8 of the 1989 Schrade almanac. The almanacs had bonus cool stuff listed not in regular catalogs.

"Great looking Old Timer Wooden Utility Box. Perfect for the den or everyday use. Measures 18" wide x 10-3/4" high x 9-3/4" deep. $19.95 + $5.00 Extra Shipping"

http://collectors-of-schrades-r.us/Almanac/1989-almanacs.pdf

Last edited:
medium

I WANT ONE!!!

Back