Your favorite movie sword? Pics

Awesome movie! Love that the cocky young pretender got schooled by the older, far more experienced blade master.

Exactly! I love the degree of (comparative) realism in that scene versus what you see in most sword-featuring films. You can see how the fight would have ended in seconds multiple times were it not for the veteran fighter merely indicating that he could have landed a fatal blow.

Laser sword not very viable. Super excited plasma particle sword much closer to reality.

Oops I may have said too much.

For those with Turner Classic Movies access, they are running 24hrs of Mifune starting at 0600 edt tomorrow Aug 9th. Hidden Fortress is not amongst them (great yari duel) but many others, including the Musashi trilogy.

http://vimeo.com/7051676

Cheers

GC

I've always been a fan of Aragorn's so called Ranger Sword in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, as well as the Witch King's and Glamdring.

Not a specific sword, but the numerous scenes with gladii(?) in Gladiator always impress.

Exactly! I love the degree of (comparative) realism in that scene versus what you see in most sword-featuring films. You can see how the fight would have ended in seconds multiple times were it not for the veteran fighter merely indicating that he could have landed a fatal blow.

Okay, you folks have convinced me to get a copy of Potop to watch sometime... but man, almost 5 hours long! :eek:

Hook_5922.jpg

Hook_7250.jpg

Its the Peter Pan sword from the movie Hook. I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of these... I've been wanting one since I was very little, as Hook is my fav childhood movie =)

Obscure movies are the best movies. Also check out the French presentation of Cyrano. :)

I do enjoy me some off-the beaten-path films, for sure. Blockbusters are like fast food... fun once in a while when you're not expecting a lot, but man, not exactly a staple diet!

What year is the Cyrano film you speak of? Was it the one with Gerard Deparieu or older? Been meaning to see the Jose Ferrer version too.

No 3 Musketeers fans here? The early 70's version...humor, sword play and Raquel Welch's impressive cleavage! :thumbup::thumbup:

What's not to love? ;):D

I do enjoy me some off-the beaten-path films, for sure. Blockbusters are like fast food... fun once in a while when you're not expecting a lot, but man, not exactly a staple diet!

What year is the Cyrano film you speak of? Was it the one with Gerard Deparieu or older? Been meaning to see the Jose Ferrer version too.

The 1990 production with Gerard Deparieu and directed by Jean-Paul Rappeneau. :)

One of my favorites is the Baron of Ibelins sword from Kingdom of heaven. Been trying to find one for awhile too... anyone know where i can get one a legit on that is not some chinatown knock off. Also Buliwyf sword from 13th warrior.

One of my favorites is the Baron of Ibelins sword from Kingdom of heaven. Been trying to find one for awhile too... anyone know where i can get one a legit on that is not some chinatown knock off. Also Buliwyf sword from 13th warrior.

02.jpg

Do some googling for "Templar Broadsword" didn't take me long to find a dozen or so well made examples from $100 to $1000

temp1-300x300.jpg

that one is just under 400 with a VERY nice sheath

Back