Your favorite movie sword? Pics

Connors sword is nice but i one of my favorites right now is
vs0001dplaque.jpg

One of my favorites is the Baron of Ibelins sword from Kingdom of heaven. Been trying to find one for awhile too... anyone know where i can get one a legit on that is not some chinatown knock off. Also Buliwyf sword from 13th warrior.

121407VSfl.jpg

13th Warrior-ish Custom sword

Last edited:
One of my favorite swords (though totally unrealistic) from my childhood was the sword from Sword and the Sorcerer - that cheesy, low-budget 80's movie. I don't know if any of you have seen it, but the sword had multiple blades and could shoot them like missles lol

TheSwordAndTheSorcerer_6882.png

[video=youtube;vDvuBY97cD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvuBY97cD4[/video]

Not technically from a movie (gaming reference), but I thought this could be mentioned along with the lightsaber ;)

The Imperium's mighty Chainsword from Warhammer 40,000

fun-with-the-warhammer-chainsword-dont-try-this-at-home-unless-youre-a-space-marine.jpg

Btw, first post! Looking forward to learning more about blades!

Actually I've been thinking about getting a 28" machete and trying it out.
I've got bokken coming out my wazoo from when I did Martial Arts in College. What "Swords" I have are really working blades, such as Kukris, Machetes, a couple billhooks that I'm fitting to handles and stuff.

Nothing close to "sword" length. Although some of my machete's are close to wakizashi lenth the arn't as nimble as the waki's that I have handled.
Anyone know of any decent reviews to any LONG Machetes?
I haven't been able to find any.

^^ Very fun movie, good call. Haven't seen that/thought about it in years. :thumbup:

Actually I've been thinking about getting a 28" machete and trying it out.
I've got bokken coming out my wazoo from when I did Martial Arts in College. What "Swords" I have are really working blades, such as Kukris, Machetes, a couple billhooks that I'm fitting to handles and stuff.

Nothing close to "sword" length. Although some of my machete's are close to wakizashi lenth the arn't as nimble as the waki's that I have handled.
Anyone know of any decent reviews to any LONG Machetes?
I haven't been able to find any.

How long were you thinking?

3 words for you: hatori hanso steel. BAM! it was good enough to kill david carridine... then again, so was a silk necktie wrapped around a doorknob, so? :O

3 words for you: hatori hanso steel. BAM! it was good enough to kill david carridine... then again, so was a silk necktie wrapped around a doorknob, so? :O

You might want to watch the movie again. Bill was killed by the 5 point palm exploding heart technique.

Cheers

GC

Hey,

well thats easy:

ror sure, and by far: the Conan ATLANTEAN sword, made by Albion and the famous Jody Samson

http://www.myarmoury.com/review_alb_atlantean.html

Cheers Vincent

+1 for Conan's sword but all the swords in Conan are cool.

Subotai's

Conan-the-Barbarian-1982-prop-weapons.jpg

Valleria's

v1.jpg

Conan's Father's sword.

Conan_fathers_sword.jpg

Though I prefer the rough aged look of the one in the recent remake.

Conan-SecondSwordAluminium1.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artandrews/5842365189/lightbox/

this says it all
braveheart1.jpg
[/IMG]

Toshiro Mifune is the best! I don't own a lot of movies but I have all the Kurosawa with him. Definitely my favourites.

This though is one of my favourite duels from Seven Samurai.

[youtube]SYE3DJ2IltY[/youtube]

Is this really even debatable?

lightsaber.jpg

Its a toss up between

and

I just developed a newfound love for this sword... Conan's Atlantean Sword

images%5CMRT116_l.jpg

Lots of great swords, tough to choose just one. I think it's a toss up between Conan's Atlantean sword, and Aragorns sword Anduril.

Atlantean sword
conan-sword.jpg

Anduril
Anduril.jpg

Back