Your favorite movie where a knife almost takes centerstage.

The Iron Mistress with Alan Ladd and Virginia Mayo.

"The Bowie Knife, the Bowie woman - No Man was a match for either." :D

195548~The-Iron-Mistress-Posters.jpg

The GANGS of NEW YORK had all kinds of cutlery

straight razors, throwing knives, butcher knives, meat cleavers, fire axes, clubs, etc.

Spartan - very underrated movie I reckon.

What do you teach?

Edged weapons, knife fighting sir.

Don't you be teaching them knife fighting. You teach them how to kill. That way, when they come up against some SOB who did knife fighting, they can send his soul straight to hell.....

Think the film may have been called Cyborg? it had Van Dam in it and had some pretty good Kukri action.

Benchmade automatic...forget what model (presidio?) from The Heist with Gene Hackman and the penguin, i mean Danny Devito!

It's a toss up between The Day The Earth Stood Still and Animal House. I have seen both of them at least a dozen times.

Are you talking about the one that Uma Thurmon (sp?) was using/throwing in the kitchen scene? I thought that was a CS? "Peacemaker", maybe? :confused:

It's a Sog desert dagger, which to be fair looks a bit similar.

There is a link somewhere in the Sog forum talking about it and the custom sheath maker etc. but the moment I saw it I knew it was a desert dagger cause it was my first ever fixed blade :)

Ka-bar that Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune fought about.
Dersu Uzala's all purpose bayonet.(last Kurosawa's movie)

terminator 2
linda hamilton has a vision of machines burning down the city and uses a sog bowie to scratch on a table "no fate"...

It's a Sog desert dagger, which to be fair looks a bit similar.

There is a link somewhere in the Sog forum talking about it and the custom sheath maker etc. but the moment I saw it I knew it was a desert dagger cause it was my first ever fixed blade :)

:thumbup: Thanks for the info, Bro'. My bad.

terminator 2
linda hamilton has a vision of machines burning down the city and uses a sog bowie to scratch on a table "no fate"...

It is a Sog? I thought it was a Ka Bar, but I'm probably not right.

Collateral.....It was such a well done scene in the night club and when he stabbed the guy in the upper thigh my knee winced.

Can't forget the knife in Magnificent Seven, It's been so long since Iv'e seen it I can't remember the knife type but that was the most riveting scene in the movie for me when he dueled the guy with the gun and he had only a knife.

Not really a movie, but McGuyver used the same Swiss Army Knife in nearly every episode to take care of buisness. From terrorist attacks to stopping an impending flood from a dam about to burst. I bet that one show sold more knives of a single type to young knife nuts than any other combined!!! I remeber when I was a kid along with all my friends wanting a knife just like his.

Back