1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your favorite movie where a knife almost takes centerstage.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Radioactive, May 21, 2007.

1. vic2367

vic2367

Sep 15, 2006
    id also have to say the predator and rambo series,,,

2. robertmegar

robertmegar

May 3, 2005
    Kill Bill's Uma Thurman carried a SOG desert dagger (NOT daggert) which is discontinued.

3. Mick R.

Mick R.

Apr 9, 2006
    The Iron Mistress with Alan Ladd and Virginia Mayo.

"The Bowie Knife, the Bowie woman - No Man was a match for either." :D

[​IMG]

4. Shoki

Shoki

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm going to go with The Edge too.

5. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher

Sep 12, 2006
    The GANGS of NEW YORK had all kinds of cutlery

straight razors, throwing knives, butcher knives, meat cleavers, fire axes, clubs, etc.

6. Ming65

Ming65

Sep 4, 2002
    Spartan - very underrated movie I reckon.

What do you teach?

Edged weapons, knife fighting sir.

Don't you be teaching them knife fighting. You teach them how to kill. That way, when they come up against some SOB who did knife fighting, they can send his soul straight to hell.....

7. the gimp

the gimp

Mar 19, 2003
    Think the film may have been called Cyborg? it had Van Dam in it and had some pretty good Kukri action.

8. SharpOne

SharpOne

Mar 26, 2004
    Benchmade automatic...forget what model (presidio?) from The Heist with Gene Hackman and the penguin, i mean Danny Devito!

9. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    It's a toss up between The Day The Earth Stood Still and Animal House. I have seen both of them at least a dozen times.

10. z17813

z17813

May 21, 2002
    It's a Sog desert dagger, which to be fair looks a bit similar.

There is a link somewhere in the Sog forum talking about it and the custom sheath maker etc. but the moment I saw it I knew it was a desert dagger cause it was my first ever fixed blade :)

11. jiggybaw

jiggybaw

Jan 4, 2006
    Ka-bar that Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune fought about.
    Dersu Uzala's all purpose bayonet.(last Kurosawa's movie)

12. brj

brj

May 18, 2005
    terminator 2
    linda hamilton has a vision of machines burning down the city and uses a sog bowie to scratch on a table "no fate"...

13. Troop

Troop KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 26, 2006
    :thumbup: Thanks for the info, Bro'. My bad.

14. CaptInsano

CaptInsano

Apr 11, 2007
    How can you guys forget the Phurba dagger in The Shadow? That was a knife with some attitude.

15. barny

barny

Jan 27, 2007
    It is a Sog? I thought it was a Ka Bar, but I'm probably not right.

16. T-BAG

T-BAG

Dec 1, 2006
    Collateral.....It was such a well done scene in the night club and when he stabbed the guy in the upper thigh my knee winced.

Can't forget the knife in Magnificent Seven, It's been so long since Iv'e seen it I can't remember the knife type but that was the most riveting scene in the movie for me when he dueled the guy with the gun and he had only a knife.

17. jtallant

jtallant

Apr 26, 2007
    Not really a movie, but McGuyver used the same Swiss Army Knife in nearly every episode to take care of buisness. From terrorist attacks to stopping an impending flood from a dam about to burst. I bet that one show sold more knives of a single type to young knife nuts than any other combined!!! I remeber when I was a kid along with all my friends wanting a knife just like his.

18. MSgt

MSgt

Mar 3, 2006
    Rambo! Can't forget that knife.

19. Chadilac

Chadilac

Jan 10, 2006
    The Hunted and Big Trouble in Little China

20. Walkindude

Walkindude

Feb 20, 2007
    How about Last of the Mohicans?
    The Patriot had some good hawk action in it too.