Your favorite movie where a knife almost takes centerstage.

Not a knife, but it means so much in the movie:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon's Green destiny sword.

Or in the same style, "House of Flying Daggers" where the throwing daggers look like small khukuris :)

I'm in an asian movies mood these days.

The knife didn't really take center stage throughout the plot, but it was used in The Abyss by Michael Biehn to carve his arm up under the table.

He also tried to use it when the other guy (Ed Harris?) swam under the platform and came in through the pressurized hole behind him.

Are you talking about the one that Uma Thurmon (sp?) was using/throwing in the kitchen scene? I thought that was a CS? "Peacemaker", maybe? :confused:
In Kill Bill she definitely used a SOG Desert Dagger. I've freeze framed it and compared it to my SOG Desert Dagger.
:)

jtallant: that is exactly what got me into knives. it may seem silly now but i dont care. 6-7 yrs old w/ a SAK in the pocket, never not had a knife in my pocket scence. on a side note, even that young, i never cut myself, my friend did tho.

"Night of the Running Man": Scott Glenn pulls a full-dress, Emerson CQC6 and quickly takes care of a mugger.

Regards,
3G

Are you talking about the one that Uma Thurmon (sp?) was using/throwing in the kitchen scene? I thought that was a CS? "Peacemaker", maybe? :confused:

no,it was a sog dessert dagger.
because of that,they have a kill bill poster in the sog office

I can't believe only one person mentioned CYBORG! Yeah, JCVD is a complete dork, but when that movie came out, I was in Heaven!!!! There is more knife usage in that movie then I have ever seen! I used to like to watch it and see what knives I could identify (AlMar Pathfinder, Blackjack Dirk, and I believe the bad guys knife was a Crawford custom...I haven't seen the movie for years, but there are tons of blades).

Besides 'Kill Bill" the SOG Desert Dagger was featured prominently in the movie "The Crow" starring the late Brandon Lee. Actually in the one scene there are 4 or 5 desert daggers. Bad guy tries to off Brandon Lee with said daggers (thrown). Good guy (Lee) catches them and throws them back killing bad guy.

VAN HELSING-----Nothing more erotic than watching Kate Beckensale (splg?)
load up on knives and put daggers in her hip boots....That was like getting a two-fer.

"Training Day"When Denzel puts the Spyderco Police in the guys face whos trying to rape the boss's niece.

Ka-bar that Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune fought about.
Dersu Uzala's all purpose bayonet.(last Kurosawa's movie)

I saw that film and everyone should. Toshiro Mifune was an artist and Lee Marvin does very good in it. The credit goes to Akira though, the film is beautiful.

V for Vendetta. I didn't see that one mention yet.

The scene in V for vendetta when he is killing the ring of police in slow mo is abolutely beautiful and breathtaking.

NB. Everyone has to see that movie, it gets my most solid reckomendation, and I'm no movie nerd, some of my favorite films are Kurosawa so sh.. has to be done good to impress me. Hated Die Hard 4, everything just too cool and supermen like.

Big Trouble in Little China, Kurt Russell had a boot knife, and the bali in the airport.

I think the guy in the Volunteers had a Randall.

braveheart. i know its historicly not 100% correct,i just love the story.
the william wallace sword is a classic :D

The Golden Child with Eddie Merphy

I I I I I... want the knife:D

Ok, I may be the only one that gets that.:p

Back