corkscrew
saw
mini screwdriver
reamer
tweezers
toothpick
ball point pen
straight pin

Both designs are possible but will never exist as they would be completely customized just for my needs. You'll notice I have omitted the large blade, and that alone insures an SAK that's absolutely perfect for me will never exist. The Cybertool 34 comes awfully close though.

What are some dream SAKs you've always imagined but don't exist or probably never will exist?

one with
screwdriver
pliers
can opener
pen
tweezers
NO BLADE

so i can take it on the damn airplane :rolleyes:

ayoungman said:
one with
screwdriver
pliers
can opener
pen
tweezers
NO BLADE

so i can take it on the damn airplane :rolleyes:

That's brilliant. I wish someone would make an airplane approved multi tool or SAK.

They do. Victorinox SwissMemory comes in two different versions:

No. 0.6026.T red transparent, containing red LED, blade, nail file with screwdriver, scissors and ballpoint pen. Weight 33.3 gr and
0.6076.T.jpg

SWISSMEMORY Air Travel
No. 0.6076.T red tranlucent, containing red LED, and a ballpoint pen.

memx_1791_25968192

But unfortunately, the travel safe version leaves out the whole reason for EDCing in the first place. At least for me, YMMV.

Now for my perfect EDC. Take the Champion model, and remove the fish scaler/ruler/disgorger. Perfect SAK in my book.

--Chris

My "dream" SAK...
Victorinox/Alox scales
Large blade
Small blade
Wood saw
Awl
Combo can/bottle opener

Paul

Saunterer said:
remove the fish scaler/ruler/disgorger.

--Chris

Does anyone really use the fish scaler? The best fish scaler I've ever used is a puddy knife.

I'd love a Victorinox Pioneer 4 (the model w/the saw) that also has scissors, plus the usual tweezers and toothpick. That would be just about perfect.

fruitbat - Does anyone really use the fish scaler? The best fish scaler I've ever used is a puddy knife.

Many moons ago, I used to live in coastal North Carolina, and fishing was a frequent activity (was a staple of my diet). I have used the fish scaler many, many times on my SAK. It works just fine, but as you stated virtually any object will scale fish including the knife blade as long as it is perpendicular to the fish.

Actually I used the hook disgorger two weeks ago on a fish feeding trip, assisting a kid fishing next to me.

--Chris

I think most of of the "wish" models mentioned so far could be made by Victorinox on one of their existing platforms if they thought there was a market for them.

How about a something that would require a new body style to acheive.

I'm thinking about 91mm models with a locking blade (one handed opening too).

Maybe a one-hand Yeoman or Scientist, something like that.

Chuck

PWork said:
My "dream" SAK...
Victorinox/Alox scales
Large blade
Small blade
Wood saw
Awl
Combo can/bottle opener

Paul

Excellent call Paul! Mine is very close:
Victorinox Alox Scales-
Large Blade
Wood Saw
Awl
Combo can/bottle opener
Corkscrew
Tweezer

Too bad the tweezer and corkscrew can't go on Alox models... Maybe they could do the first 4 things though?
-Kevin

DeadManWalking said:
Admit it we all have one! Here's a model I'd like to see:

Manufacturer: Victorinox
Size: 91 mm

Small blade
Combo tool
Can Opener
Scissors
Pliers
The hex driver on the Cybertool 34
Inline Phillips driver
Reamer
Corkscrew
Mini screwdriver
tweezers
straight pin/ball point pen

And another one, same basic format but different tools:

Small blade
Scissors
Pliers
Combo tool
inline phillips driver
corkscrew
saw
mini screwdriver
reamer
tweezers
toothpick
ball point pen
straight pin

Both designs are possible but will never exist as they would be completely customized just for my needs. You'll notice I have omitted the large blade, and that alone insures an SAK that's absolutely perfect for me will never exist. The Cybertool 34 comes awfully close though.

What are some dream SAKs you've always imagined but don't exist or probably never will exist?

Doesn't the Cybertool 41 have all this? There is no inline phillips, but the bit set has a phillips. Maybe the format is too large...

klattman said:
Doesn't the Cybertool 41 have all this? There is no inline phillips, but the bit set has a phillips. Maybe the format is too large...

As for does it have ALL of those features plus a couple more I don't care for, the answer is Yes.

But that's not what I want. I want two designs that don't exist. The first design I pitched would be my EDC if it existed. It would be my "work in the city" knife:

Leftmost backspring: Small blade/Combo tool
Second spring: Scissors
Third spring: Pliers
Fourth spring: hex driver with bits
Fifth spring: can opener/inline phillips driver

Then all the stuff in the handles, corkscrew and reamer underneath. I EDC a Cybertool 34 that has all of these features except one. When I first picked up my Cybertool I grinned because it's SO CLOSE to perfect.

The second design would be my ideal "weekends in the country" knife:

Leftmost backspring: Small blade/Combo tool
Second spring: Scissors
Third spring: Pliers
Fourth spring: saw
Fifth spring: can opener/inline phillips driver

Nearly identical except I change out the saw for the hex driver which is a lot more useful in camp, so to speak.

The inline phillips driver and the hex driver with the phillips bit in it just aren't the same... I've used them both and I really wish I could have both in one knife.

I suppose I could get a 41 and get all of this stuff on one knife but I'm addicted to the relatively slim profile of the 34 by now. :)

vrex said:
I think most of of the "wish" models mentioned so far could be made by Victorinox on one of their existing platforms if they thought there was a market for them.

Exactly. Hence I started this thread :)

What I would like to see is SAKs held together with screws. Tools, springs, scales (in a variety of materials), liners and screws available separately, perhaps a base kit to which you could add the tools you want.

Otherwise I am happy with my Vic Huntsman, I could live without the knife blades since I also carry a stockman, but the knife blade´s spring is the one that holds the corkscrew.

I have customized a SAK by replacing the fish scaler with a saw and I have a SAK scissors just pinned between two liners, not too hard to do really.

I'd like to see a mag glass on the Tinker sized Vic.Would be very handy.

I love the Climber + Phillips screwdriver + a ballpoint pen. Maybe even a LED. I'm not a big fan of V'nox chunkies such as Swiss champ or Cybertools

guy g said:
I'd like to see a mag glass on the Tinker sized Vic.Would be very handy.
Here's my list.
1. An 84mm Scientist. The 84mm carries better in my pocket and as I get older, I'm using magnifiers more often.
2. An Executive with something better than the orange peeler, maybe a Mini Champ type bottle opener/phillips. A pen slot on the handle would also be nice.
3. An Ambassador with a pen and full length file like the one on the Executive.
4. Bring back the old Golfer, the 84mm variation with the large blade, scissors, combo tool and corkscrew. Add a pen slot. It would be a compact Compact without the hook.
5. Switch the names on the Sportsman and the Tourist. They are the same except the Sportsman has a nail file while the Tourist has a small blade. Don't you think that a sportsman would need that extra blade more than a tourist? And a tourist would probably be more interested in filing his or her nails and could get by with a single blade.

Main blade.
Serrated sheepsfoot blade on opposite side, opening opposite the main blade (so both are in the same place when held the same way).
Both blades would lock ala Wegner
Blades would be VG-10
Scissors ala Wenger
Cybertool bit driver and holder.
Awl ala Vic Soldier

The Cybertool 34 comes close, but I don't need the pliars or the hook. Or, the 29, but with scissors.

Back