Your Favorite Spyderco Full Serrated?

Great thread guys.
I have a C91SYL on the way.
The Red Endura is too cool.

Great thread guys.
I have a C91SYL on the way.
The Red Endura is too cool.

I carry that one (C91SYL) everyday now and am not afraid to get it dirty. I use it to slice up fajitas, cut grass thats growing in the bushes, etc... A pass on my paper wheels and it is good to go. I love this knife!

My one and only FS Spyderco an H1 Ladybug. I hope to try more fully serrated edges in the future and really want a Tenacious for starters. All in all serrations have always appealed to me for unknown reasons, but still I hate to sink a whole lot of money into them.

My favorite would have to be the UKPK Rescue Slipit in orange G10!

TedP

I prefer a straight edge, but I have to +1 the UK Rescue. It has one thing I like, G-10 scales, and two things that won me over; the SpyderEdge and the excellent slip joint. It feels secure, even though you can easily open it with one hand, and slices through rope, canvas, and leather with ridiculous ease. I prefer it to my Rescue 79mm (probably because of the grippy G-10).

I would put in a vote for my Micro Dyad with pearl inlays but it's not technically "fully" serrated. It is quite handy and a fine knife though.

Pacific Salt - Cuts just about anything.
Endura 4 ZDP-189 - Does cut anything, at least anything I have tried.:thumbup:

Tasman Salt. Love a good serrated Hawkbill.

The man is preaching to a very sold out choir when talking of fully serrated Hawkbill blades. They have so many viable uses and they are so handy for many chores you wouldn't even think of.

However my ultimate favorite fully Serrated SPYDER is without a doubt the C-60 Massad Ayoob model. Why they didn't offer up the more recent G-10 handled Sprint version Ayoob in full Spyderedge is beyond me. I know of at least 6 Spyder fans that agree with me that the C-60 Ayoob with it's convex cutting belly makes for a super serrated edge blade. My old C-60 Ayoob is one of my absolute sacred Spyders>> in other words it can't be sold, traded or pawned.

C-60 Massad Ayoob SE>>> The best fully serrated Spyder to date.

Spyderhawk. The good old one in VG10 steel. My user is even an Endurahawk, anyone remember them? It serves me well as a pruner/small sickle. If I`m able to wear it out I got one spare, it was made after the handles got the Spyderhawk marking.

Spyderhawk. The good old one in VG10 steel. My user is even an Endurahawk, anyone remember them? It serves me well as a pruner/small sickle. If I`m able to wear it out I got one spare, it was made after the handles got the Spyderhawk marking.

Oh yeah!! I do indeed remember the "Endurahawk">> I had 3 of them at one time. They were simply a VG-10, black FRN handled Spyderhawk model that was simply given the wrong scales. Not really the wrong scales per se but you might say mislabeled scales.

I do agree that the VG-10 Spyderhawk was/is a beast of a Hawkbill blade. I also like my yellow handled H-1 Spyderhawk as well. I was very disappointed when they dropped it from the main line up. I'm currently lobbying for a fixed blade Hawkbill and I do hope that blade comes to fruition. The problem with the VG-10 Spyderhawk in my opinion when it was first released in 2003 is that it was too far ahead of it's time. People were still learning about the Harpy and Merlin at that time and I think they were just simply blown away by the size and scope of the Spyderhawk. I'll give you a high five on that one.

I carry a Delica-size serrated edge knife everyday for work. the SE military is in my top 5 favorite knives of all time.

Sorry. I know it's a crappy pic, and every one of those knives is dirty except the unused ladybug.

Mine is a fully serrated all stainless steel (classy looking) VG 10 Endura with a sabre grind (before they are too hard to find). Closed it's very classy looking; open it's real scary looking. Very similar to the stainless Police model but just under 4 inches. One can grab the knife out of the pocket by the thumb hole with two fingers and the weight of the stainless will cause it to open if you snap it (like with a BM AFCK 800 with a liner lock). I used to test knives on cardboard and the serrated Spydercos usually cut the cardboard most easily.

P.S. I like all serrated or all plain. as neither has enough of one type of edge in my opinion. Most of my knives are all plain edge.

Let's don't forget the 2 types of fully serrated Spyders that really put Spyderco on the map so to speak when they truly hit the scene and almost instantly became the undisputed king of serrated blades.

The 2 types of Spyders that really made a huge difference in the entire production knife world are the original Police model and all the original Sheepsfoot serrated blades like the Rescue and Mariner models. I would be willing to bet that there were many, many more of those 2 types of Spyders that dotted the landscape over the years.

Two of the most ridgid and hard working models that have withstood the test of time are the Stainless handled Rescue and Mariner models along with the original Police model. Those 2 fully serrated Spyders have truly set the standards for fully serrated blades throughout the entire production knife world IMO.

Also those 2 variants really paved the way for all the other great serrated Spyders and not to mention what the full Spyderedged Hawkbills have done.

Here's my two. Para 1 and UKPK Rescue, both G10 and S30V. I really like the short section of plain edge on the tip of both knives.

scaled.php

I am certainly PE guy. The only Spyderco SE, which are getting used on regular basis are K05 and K04.

Back