Your Favorites from '07

Here is a few of my favorite acquisitions from 2007. With the exception of the pipe smokers knife and the little bone cut co next to it, all of them are in excellent unused condition. The three in the middle are Schrade Cut Co. and have the pattern numbers written on the back , they were presented as salesman's samples. I'd like to get a confirmation on that if I can ever manage to get some good pictures to show them. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy a scanner.
8a07jw2.jpg

So show your favorites.

well my pics arent quite as good as yours are and my knives arent all quite mint but a few are so here is my favorites for 2007.
2007knives001.jpg
2007knives002.jpg
2007knives003.jpg

A little explaination also I guess Most everything you see here came from trade or flea markets or under educated antique shops. the red custom 61ot was made for me by dale vincent and the kious is a real treasure I took in on trade. The lightweights are just something I enjoy cause you can still get them cheap sometimes and the bigger knives... I love the graphite fillets I got that pair for under $40 bucks with the sheaths. and the folding mighty angler are another favorite. - Joel

So show your favorites.

Finding the Missing Uncle Henry's was probably the most exciting to hunt down:

lost_uh.jpg

This fileworked pocket hunter was my favorite negotiated deal through email:

hollis.jpg

These five were among some of my favorite Ebay purchases:

five.jpg

Not pictured were the dozens of Uncle Henry and Old Timers I stalked down in hardware stores. Those were probably the most fun to find.

just received this Jim Bowie Commemorative before Christmas, The American Express Presidential Scrimshaw set was Christmas present from work, that gave me a broad smile. :)

Rusty1

dsc0027yz2.jpg

dsc0029aw0.jpg

Wow guys............ I felt good to find the red X-Timer, the Greenwing and DU 707UHs. Now.... not so sure.

Some great stuff! I love the shield on that Jim Bowie, really makes it unique. And there is nothing better than an SP3 when you want to go lite.

Rusty that jim bowie knife is unbelievable!!! Never seen one like that thanks everyone for sharing. - Joel

Upstream, what brand of knife is the yellow fish knife, and what is the etch on the blade say. its a very nice piece and I love fish knives. - Joel

Hey Joel, that would be a Schrade Walden model 208 Fisherman's Special. (I believe there was also a 208 barlow at one time). Unlike the shell handled knives, these have solid bolsters and handles.

Attachments

• Fisherman's Special.jpg
    Fisherman's Special.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 20
OLdtimers1.jpg

I like Jeffrey Hoffritz engraved name on the bottom one (Ulster OT/Prince Albert/camper/utility)
I like the beige color handle of the top one (Walden OT)

Trent I love the ulster old timer scout knife been trying for a while to find one No luck yet but Im sure I'll come across one. I have an extra prince albert can with the old timer ad on the back if ya need one to go with that knife.-Joel

Trent I love the ulster old timer scout knife been trying for a while to find one No luck yet but Im sure I'll come across one.
I tried selling it on The Bay for 42 bucks a few months ago
No luck
I'll just keep it I guess
(at least for the time being)

Yeah that would be cool to have the tin!!! :thumbup:
I see Prince Albert tins at the antique shops all the time
I always check to see if any have the knife deal stuff on it

I have a 855 and a LB5 that need repair I can "trade" you
Not sure if you are into repairing knives or not
I'll send you a PM if it will let me.....

Trent I love the ulster old timer scout knife been trying for a while to find one No luck yet but Im sure I'll come across one. I have an extra prince albert can with the old timer ad on the back if ya need one to go with that knife.-Joel

When I finally managed to get all three knives ('07 thread content here), I went after a few display items to go along with them. An original wire PA display rack, one of each of the two can designs, and a bundle of old PA smoking papers. I still haven't made a display case to hold them though.

Ive been waiting for one of these for a long time, it will probably be one of the last for me. The Chicago Cutlery knife I purchased for a novelty item and because it has interesting origins. These were my last purchases for 07 except for the Sears.

Copyofbest1.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

Beautiful Yellowhorse knife. One of the prettier pieces I've seen them do.
So are you saying your done with lockback collecting? I doubt it! Your way to addicted like the rest of us to stop.. Unless you are joining KCA with a 9 step program...

IRV, can you provide a link to the "9 step program" ? what 3 steps are omitted ? roland

I can give you the 12 steps but it's up to you to remove 3... (very liberal group!)
:) :D

Back