Your Fighter EDC

So when you're not packing around one of your many ESEEs, what type of fighter style fixed or folder do you prefer? I have several, but am always looking to expand my collection. :)

ESEE-3Mil CP
emotionexitdoora.gif

:p

Last edited:
Glock 27. Knife fighting is for pussies.

Glock 27. Knife fighting is for pussies.

This, but Glock 19. I don't know about pussies as much as "people who want to get cut a lot."

Back in the day, I Googled "knife wounds". It made me put my $30 Kershaw Leek back in my pocket where it belonged and use my fighting knife money on more G19 mags and Speer Gold Dot. :D I don't want to be within arms reach of anyone with a knife, definitely not someone who knows how to use it.

I'd look at a Spyderco for this role.

These days, I prefer to tase somebody before I fight them. I don't like that whole "them fighting back" thing. If the taser doesn't work good enough, I just shoot them.

You live in TX, i.e. God's country. Carry a gun. If you're worried about a backup for your gun, carry a second, larger gun.

Don’t tase me bro!

Don't try to fight me then fool!

hahaha.

If I was answering this question seriously, then I'd have to talk about the Bush Operator. I carry one with me pretty much 24/7. I don't carry it for fighting, but it was designed with a lot of direct input from certain military personnel who would use it for things you would never hear about in addition to regular field chores. I'm from Memphis though. We shoot people.

BushOperators6.jpg

You guys kill me. I didn't ask about guns. I carry plenty of them. I was just wondering you guys like blades like Strider, Hinderer, Badiwamann, etc....

I wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight; but I'd bring one to all the other kinds... :)

Don't try to fight me then fool!

hahaha.

If I was answering this question seriously, then I'd have to talk about the Bush Operator. I carry one with me pretty much 24/7. I don't carry it for fighting, but it was designed with a lot of direct input from certain military personnel who would use it for things you would never hear about in addition to regular field chores. I'm from Memphis though. We shoot people.

BushOperators6.jpg

Do you have a link for these? Can't find much info.

Just kidding with you brother. But, in all seriousness if I was looking for a good fighting knife then it would be a chef's knife or similar style. Kitchen knives have proven to be very efficient at killing and are used more than any other style when it comes to stabbing and slicing human flesh (like machetes are). Personally though, I just don't understand this knife fighting fantasy that many people talk about (but then again I don't understand this whole bullshit tactical and survival industry either). It rarely happens. When I was a cop I only saw one time that a knife was used and the guy with the knife lost an eye after the guy he cut hit him over the head with a bumper jack and ended the fight.

Here too. In many years in LE I saw one girl slice a guy across both eyes because he called he the "c" word. It was pretty ugly. Knives a really rarely used in a defensive posture, but I think it's nice to know that if you ever have to use one, it's designed well and used/carried in a way that it's fast into action.

I have some hefty blades (RC-5) among them. But I don't carry them around all the time. I usually have a Benchmade locking folder of some kind at hand, so I'd have to run with that. I know it's not 'fighter style'.

If the zombies were coming and I was out of ammunition and too tired to run, my Buck/Strider spearpoint is probably my most fearsome knife. That in one hand and my Gerber LMF or RC-5 in the other.

SP

Spyderoco endura 4 or kabar short tanto are two of my favorites but I can't leave out my rc3 as this is my most carried blade.

I have some hefty blades (RC-5) among them. But I don't carry them around all the time. I usually have a Benchmade locking folder of some kind at hand, so I'd have to run with that. I know it's not 'fighter style'.

If the zombies were coming and I was out of ammunition and too tired to run, my Buck/Strider spearpoint is probably my most fearsome knife. That in one hand and my Gerber LMF or RC-5 in the other.

SP

Are you allowed to use Gerber and ESEE in the same sentence??? :eek:

If the zombies come I'll have an AR and a whole lot of other things, but every time I walk around WalMart with my AR in hand, they get jumpy. So I'm looking at other options...

Back