Your first Spyderco of 2019?

How does KC's gift card reward work? I've got one coming.

Their explanation of the program is confusing to me Is it a debit card that they send you that you can use anywhere or is it a gift "credit" only useable on KC's site?

It's a Knifecenter gift card. They email you a code, then when you check out there's a box where you put the code in and the amount of the card is deducted from the total price in your cart. If you buy something cheaper than the amount on the card, the order is free and code remains active and can be applied to your next order.

And DLT has the same rewards program They are every bit as good as Bladehq.

No, they do not have the same rewards program, not exactly. If you spend $1000 at Knifecenter, you get a $50 gift card. To get a $50 gift card at DLT, you have to spend $1334. An extra $334 is not a trivial amount(the last $50 card I got from Knifecenter, I had spent just over $1k that year, which would not have got me the same level of reward at DLT), at least for me. Not sure if DLT does it, but KC also frequently offers double reward points on various items(and occasionally, store wide).

And also, a minor note, as a frequent buyer of Condor products...BladeHQ and Knifecenter both have a MUCH larger selection than DLT's but I realize this won't affect anyone who doesn't regularly buy Condor.

Now, I'm not saying DLT is bad or anything. Just saying that, provided prices being equal, I will use Knifecenter for my purchases unless it is something they do not have(like the red Manix).

Last edited:
I've never used DLT before. I usually use Knifecenter, myself. Their shipping is always extremely quick as well(as long as you order stuff that's actually in stock), and with their rewards point program thing it usually nets me a $50 gift card by the time the end of the year rolls around. I've also gotten other gifts from them for reaching certain spending thresholds, I know one year they sent me a free Victorinox Tinker which was pretty sweet as well. To be fair I've never had anything but good experiences with BladeHQ either, but assuming equal prices I go with Knifecenter for the points. Once I order my Native Salt in a week or so I'll already be up to a $20 gift card just from January's buys.

I'm not going to mention which, but one of the dealers is still not charging inter-state sales taxes, which is a big factor in my purchasing decisions.

BladeHq and Knifecenter have both been good to me, but BladeHQ shipping takes longer to get to me just because of where they are. Both usually ship same or next business day, but DLT is within two-day USPS Priority range of me, and they virtually always ship same day. DLT has a rewards program as well, although in fairness KnifeCenter's is a bit better.

I avoid bladehq and knife center like the plauge. No amount of reward programs will make me use them again.

I'm not going to mention which, but one of the dealers is still not charging inter-state sales taxes, which is a big factor in my purchasing decisions.

BladeHq and Knifecenter have both been good to me, but BladeHQ shipping takes longer to get to me just because of where they are. Both usually ship same or next business day, but DLT is within two-day USPS Priority range of me, and they virtually always ship same day. DLT has a rewards program as well, although in fairness KnifeCenter's is a bit better.

I don't know about DLT, but I know Knifecenter isn't charging me any taxes, so that's not an issue for me either(don't recall if BHQ does, haven't ordered there in awhile). Orders always ship same day(or next day, if I place my order at night) and arrive within 2-3 days. Blade HQ has always shipped same or next day as well, but packages tend to arrive a day or two slower than Knifecenter, although I don't think they're really any further from me than KC is. Admittedly, this is not normally a big deal, as it's not like I have to have the knife immediately, but if I was for some reason in a rush, KC is slightly faster. Add in their rewards program, and there's just no reason for me personally to use anyone other than them, unless there's either something I want that they simply don't carry(which is generally just dealer exclusives), or if I find the item priced better elsewhere(which sometimes happens with Amazon).

You mentioned taxes. That's a sore spot for me now as OK has opted to charge taxes now on ANY online purchase. That will dramatically alter my buying as now I may go all used route.

I avoid bladehq and knife center like the plauge. No amount of reward programs will make me use them again.

I've gotten good service from Knife Center and have no issue w/them. Don't buy there because of the discount program. They stock a wide variety of knifes (but not always everything I'm looking for) but when I place an order they pack it well and ship it promptly. BHQ is ok but I like KC and a couple of other dealers better.

My wife got me the Knife Works exclusive PM2 for my birthday. I love it! The forest green scales are beautiful, looks way better in person than online.

Mine will probably be the Para 3 LW but the more I see photos of the Kapara and hear it's praise it's going to be hard to resist.

I had a D'Allara 3 arrive in the mail last week. Love the blade shape. Very comfortable knife, overall. Not crazy about the lock system though.

Hi all,
New to the forum. Actually just purchased my first ever spyderco. It is the endura 4 ffg. Will be getting it in a few days. Looks like an awesome knife for edc and camping.

Reactions: P2P
I ordered the knive in 2018 but it arrived in 2019 and it is one of those Hap40 Meerkat with the burnt orange handle.
I figured that would be my only knife for 2019 since none of Spyderco’s other knives really interest me and BAMMM they announce another sprint run Meerkat! I guess I need to go without lunch for a few weeks to save up for the new sprint run Meerkat. A nice G10 handle sprint run of a Dragonfly might make me buy a third knife but that seems unlikely.

Just picked up a Rhino off the for sale forum here. Passed on getting one at BLADE and regretted it. Worked out well though as I got one almost NIB for less. Carried it at work today and really like it. My only complaint, and it's a personal opinion, is the shiny pocketclip. I like my pocketclips to be less conspicuous. May try putting a Benchmade Bugout clip on it, or have it stonewashed.

Ordered a KnifeWorks M4/CF Para 2 yesterday.

Excited to use it. Since I got a Para 2 (s110v) I don't carry anything else. So I need a backup/rotation. Irony is I held out forever (25 year spydie user) on getting a PM2 until early last year because that many people couldn't be right lol. I'm solidly converted, and the crow was good.

Back