Your first Spyderco of 2019?

Thought it was going to be the DLT exclusive Manix 2, and then found a good deal on the exchange the day before ...

QQxKt3v.jpg

They did arrive at the same time today... so... tie?:D

Thought it was going to be the DLT exclusive Manix 2, and then found a good deal on the exchange the day before ...

QQxKt3v.jpg

They did arrive at the same time today... so... tie?:D

That was a fu’heck of a deal you got on that Chaparral; great grab!

I really want the Drunken even though the price is higher than I’d like. Either way I don’t have any solid knife plans at the moment. I bought quite a few (relatively speaking) at the end of last year and I’m taking it slow in 2019.

Now that I missed the DLT red Manix, I dont know for sure what will be my first spyderco in 2019. Maybe just a vg10 Delica 4.

I dont know for sure what will be my first spyderco in 2019. Maybe just a vg10 Delica 4.

Nothing wrong with that. It's simple, it's basic, no fancy super steels or anything, and perfectly worth getting. I've got 2(blue and green) and might eventually grab a purple one. And that's not counting the wharncliffe version I got as well....

Nothing wrong with that. It's simple, it's basic, no fancy super steels or anything, and perfectly worth getting. I've got 2(blue and green) and might eventually grab a purple one. And that's not counting the wharncliffe version I got as well....

My thinking as well. Even with multiple expensive Militarys, PM2s, and Manix 2s in my collection I still miss the Delica 4 that I sold. It is small (but not too small), light weight, solidly built, EDC friendly, cuts very well, and more importantly has the best ergo for me. I may end up selling a couple of my millies/PM2s to get a few Delicas :p

Too many choices! I’d like it to be thin and light-weight, relatively. Just have to narrow down the options in the 3-3.5 inch blade range. Having had my only only Spyderco (Sliverax) 3 months or so, the only thing I know for sure is that I’ll likely need maybe just one more..again, too many choices.

What should of been last of 2018 ended up being the 1st of 2019... KWs PM2-204p...

Then recently the Manix 2 20cv, and today Stretch 2 Vtoku on a total eff it buy lol

There will be more

I finally have a Hundred Pacer coming. I've wanted one since they first came out but couldn't make myself pay the asking price. I mean $233 for g10 and XHP? I got my CS XL Talwar with the exact same materials for $140 and the regular size talwar for under $100 and that was before they went on sale on retirement. I'd pretty much resigned myself to waiting until the Pacer was discontinued and hopefully the price dropped. Then I saw it on Amazon at a price that I could cover with a Amazon gift card I had and a gift debit card that effectively let me get the knife for free. Only bad part is delivery is 2-3 weeks out but what the hell? At least I won't have the wait another year or two. I love the aesthetics of the knife but am already thinking of modding it by filing a step above and behind the spydiehole into the hump at the top of the blade when closed. What do you think?

I finally have a Hundred Pacer coming.

[Snip]

I love the aesthetics of the knife but am already thinking of modding it by filing a step above and behind the spydiehole into the hump at the top of the blade when closed. What do you think?

Why would you want to do that???

I've got a 100 and think it's fine the way it is.

Should have said - think it would make it an effective waver.

So, you want to file a step into the spine of the blade to make a wave tab?

I think you'll reconsider when you see how f*cking large the 100 is in your pocket and how difficult it would be to wave. I already have some trouble deploying the Tropen w/the wave w/o hitting my leg w/the tip of the knife. Of course, your knife, your $ and your choice but, if you'll consider a suggestion, try attaching a zip-tie to the Spydiehole (as others have) to use as a wave stop and see how that works for you first.

Last edited:
My first Spyderco of 2019...and first Spyderco ever...is a blurple PM2 in S110V.

Being my first knife of this brand, I wasn’t sure what to expect. However, it is crazy sharp, has a centered blade, and operates smoothly.

I got this one because I have been wanting something in S110V, so I was basically just steel hunting. It’s a little larger than what I’d normally carry, but it will be a good knife to keep in the truck for whatever needs to be done. I’m happy with it.

My first Spydie for 2019 will be the Ikuchi which I just pre-ordered.

I wasn't too excited but really gave the Ikuchi a second look and promptly plotted down my $5 pre-order amount. No idea when it's due to be released but I'm definitely intrigued by the bic lighter type flipper.

Technially it will be my second new Spyderco for 2019. Just traded into a NIB Impala. What a great old design. I think it might be my next hiking kinfe / camp / back up hunting knife.

Back