Your first Spyderco of 2019?

My first Spydie of this year was the Techno 2

uSGXf1G.jpg

So, you want to file a step into the spine of the blade to make a wave tab?

I think you'll reconsider when you see how f*cking large the 100 is in your pocket and how difficult it would be to wave. I already have some trouble deploying the Tropen w/the wave w/o hitting my leg w/the tip of the knife. Of course, your knife, your $ and your choice but, if you'll consider a suggestion, try attaching a zip-tie to the Spydiehole (as others have) to use as a wave stop and see how that works for you first.

Finally got it and love it. I did the zip tie thing and it waves great. A small step I think would work as well or better and wouldn't look so ghetto. Now I just need to work up the guts to take a file to my beauty after convincing myself I can do a professional looking job. or just find a pro to do it for me.

Finally got it and love it. I did the zip tie thing and it waves great. A small step I think would work as well or better and wouldn't look so ghetto. Now I just need to work up the guts to take a file to my beauty after convincing myself I can do a professional looking job. or just find a pro to do it for me.

Glad the zip tie worked for you. I just hate making permanent mods to anything that I own; knives, guns or whatever.

But, sounds like you still feel the need to do the deed. :confused:

Oh well . . . if you insist, I'd really suggest having a pro do it for you instead because if they f*ck it up at least you can demand they pay you for a new knife (unless they demand a wavier from you b4 they do it which is what I'd do if I were them).

Otherwise you're just SOL! ;)

Just ordered a new Amalgam for my EDC here in the rough and tumble urban landscape of Kabul, Afghanistan. Looking forward to seeing how well it holds up to everyday use in this environment. If it does half as well as my old Enduras, I'll be a happy camper.

Just ordered a new Amalgam for my EDC here in the rough and tumble urban landscape of Kabul, Afghanistan. Looking forward to seeing how well it holds up to everyday use in this environment. If it does half as well as my old Enduras, I'll be a happy camper.

Good luck w/that.

I'll be interested in reading your "after action" report.

Last edited:
My first of 2019 is the M4 Military\black blade. I haven't bought anything other than millies the last couple of years.

My first spyderco in 2019 is a Police 4. My second is a vg-10 Delica 4 wharncliffe. Both bought here from the Exchange.

I just picked up my first ever Spyderco. I went in the knife store to look at something else but they had just got a few in and after paying with it for a bit i had to get it.

Now I am one of the first few in my area with the new Spyderco Smok. It is an amazing flipper and i like the button compression lock better than the compression lock and the axis lock. I think i will be changing the pocket clip though.

My first Spyderco of 2019, and of my life, was a Proficient. I think I was bitten. Since the original purchase I have bought an S35VN para 2 and a orange g10 Tenacious.

Finally got a PM2 after all these years. Been on an involuntary knife hiatus and just got back into it. The PM2 was followed by a Manix 2, Manix 2 LW, Sage 1, and a Persistence...like I said, catching up...just saying ;)

Let me know how it does! I'm curious how the bearings will hold up in a sandy environment. Feel free to post or pm me any other feedback too. =)

Good luck w/that.

I'll be interested in reading your "after action" report.

Let me know how it does! I'm curious how the bearings will hold up in a sandy environment. Feel free to post or pm me any other feedback too. =)

Absolutely! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Amalgam. I carried my digicam Military to Africa last year, and it did amazing work both in garrison and the field. I don't usually beat up my knives, but they do get used as knives should be, so I have high hopes for the new addition to the collection. I'll post as many pics as OPSEC allows, and definitely share my observations on how well it does over here.

I bought a catch and release KC Para3 Cru-wear, smooth G10.
Will pick up the Para3 LW soon to try .

Back