Your ideal edc fixed blade.

Carrying the TOPS Skinat fixed blade these days. A little bit bigger than it really needs to be, but I like the overall profile. And a Ganzo Firebird auto in the pocket.

what is your favorite edc fixed/pocket knife?
I like the Al mar pack rat, Wilkins Mini thorn tactical, and can’t wait my Busse MBC.
I was looking for a Vehement Knives EDC but it looks to be I possible to find or order...
Who can make good pocket sheath for knives?
What do you carry in your pockets or on your belts?

Edit: woops just realized this was foixed blades only.

Here are some of my favourite edc fixed blades.

bzM2Px4.jpg

Last edited:
My fixed blade edc nowadays is the crkt hunt n fisch. 3" blade, 4" handle, carried left side horizontal sheaf that comes with the knife. Been carrying it for a week now and it is out of the way and comfortable. Don't even know it's there.

I don’t carry a fixed every day. But when I go walking I toss a small fixed blade into a back pocket. The current two are the Lionsteel M1 and the Fallkniven Kolt. Both great.

Reprofiled the M1 to thin it out a bit. It’s m390, it’ll perform well relatively acute. The Fallkniven came nice and thin edged from the factory.

what is your favorite edc fixed/pocket knife?
What do you carry in your pockets or on your belts?

My favorite I haven't got around to modding together yet.
it would have this blade shape and be quite thin (1.9 to 2.2mm)
IMG_4233.JPG

It would be about this long (see two knives below) ; four inchish the top knife is a Military and the bottom knife is a Cold Steel Ti Lite IV
IMG_4602.jpg

The handle would be a mix of the Ti Lite and the handle in the first photo and the one below.
Longer than the First photo but sculpted like the one below and with the same Krey-Ex textured rubbery material.
IMG_4234.JPG

And made of the same steel alloy in the ones below . . . 3V !
(I have carried the below fixed blades both in my pocket and on my belt. They are a bit shorter but I could squeak to four inches in pocket I think).
If not I would go shorter on the blade but not shorter in the handle.
IMG_5488.jpg

My favorite I haven't got around to modding together yet.
it would have this blade shape and be quite thin (1.9 to 2.2mm)
View attachment 977299

It would be about this long (see two knives below) ; four inchish the top knife is a Military and the bottom knife is a Cold Steel Ti Lite IV
View attachment 977300

The handle would be a mix of the Ti Lite and the handle in the first photo and the one below.
Longer than the First photo but sculpted like the one below and with the same Krey-Ex textured rubbery material.
View attachment 977301

And made of the same steel alloy in the ones below . . . 3V !
(I have carried the below fixed blades both in my pocket and on my belt. They are a bit shorter but I could squeak to four inches in pocket I think).
If not I would go shorter on the blade but not shorter in the handle.
View attachment 977303

Dude check out these guys for better sheaths for your fixed blades.

https://www.collectorknives.net/product-category/accessories/

Dude check out these guys for better sheaths for your fixed blades.
I didn't see any in non leather, non abrasive (non fiber filled) plastic.
ala this thread >>>>Link
Do they have such ?
I don't have much use for leather; I can't rinse it out under the kitchen facet.
Leather looks good for the magazine photos though.

I didn't see any in non leather, non abrasive (non fiber filled) plastic.
ala this thread >>>>Link
Do they have such ?
I don't have much use for leather; I can't rinse it out under the kitchen facet.
Leather looks good for the magazine photos though.

I think its all leather

Those are some funny looking fixed blades.
Kind of bent in the middle like.
and what is with all the dips and troughs and longitudinal slits in the handles ? They are just going to trap a bunch of gunk in there and be hard to clean.
Gee . . . now that I stare at them they look kind of like folding knives . . . but that can't be.
:eek: :D

Woops. Lol. Just reread the thread title.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that. You may be able to acquire one from a member on Blade Forums that's selling their's instead.

Spyderco Aqua Salt H1 full serrated is my typical EDC fixed blade.....

Spyderco military is my typical EDC folder.....

Back