Your Izula Grip Preference?

I have gone edc with mine so want to keep it thin - wrap for now, may try naked. Slightly off topic, but never thought that edc would be so easy with the Izula. Really liking it!

I definitely prefer the izula with scales, just more hand-filling and ergonomic for me, plus the wrap gets pocket lint, dirt etc in it a lot easier, but even with the wrap it doesn't feel thick enough, just wish my swamp warden had them.

I went naked for a couple weeks and really liked then got bored one night and wrapped mine in Paracord. I like the grip better but it does get bulkier and I can feel it more in my front pocket where I EDC it.

May go ahead and get another knife and keep one wrapped and one naked.

Bob

I have gone edc with mine so want to keep it thin - wrap for now, may try naked. Slightly off topic, but never thought that edc would be so easy with the Izula. Really liking it!

Same here. I've been wanting to ditch folders for a while, but couldn't really find a small fixed blade that I liked until I found the Izula. Wasn't sure about doing the EDC thing with it. But I stick it in my front pocket and I don't even know it's there it's so light and has a nice slim profile. Sheath lends itself well to pocket carry...thought it could be too bulky, but works great for me.

Well when I still had my Izula, it was cord wrapped and I found when doing a lot of fine work, or a lot of cutting on something, I got hot spots from the wrap. Not the case with the scales. Of course I have pretty large hands and I happen to like Micarta scales, especially when the scales get wet.

I moved (still own the house) my scales remain in a drawer in my other home collecting dust, thats how much I dislike them. No way in the world can I feel comfortable with that bulk on the front. Ruins the purpose of the neck carry too, unless you want everybody staring at you and thinking you're a nut. Sheeple and open carry neck knives just don't mix. Cord wrap all the way, not only does it feel and carry better but its practical if you need a bit of cordage. You know for trapping grizzly bears pilgrim.:D

I've had my corded izula over a year now but I've used my newer izula (only a few months old) with scales much more. I guess I prefer with scales.

Scales, naked handle, paracord wrap for me. Personally I really like the scales and the grip of the Izula with the scales is great, but before they came out I liked it fine with nothing. One of the things I like about most the knife is the grip. Regardless of grip preference I think we all think it is a great knife.

I had a cord wrap on mine for a while. I was OK with it plain, but so many of the wraps in the photo thread looked so great that I tried cord wrapping. For me, it didn't seem to improve the grip that much. After a couple of months I ordered the scales and I really like them. A lot.

I've now spent just one day with it cord wrapped and don't care for it. Despite what I said about the scales in the beginning, honestly, they're looking a good bit more appealing now. This little knife continues to amaze me though. It's gotten a lot of use in the short time I've had it. I think I'd feel naked without it already.

I like the Izula bare.
My next favorite was leather-wrapped; it had a good feel in-hand, but was a little awkward if kept in my pocket - it kept "grabbing" on the pocket fabric.

i like the way it feels with and without the scales, but for now i'm using it with the scales as a small bushcraft knife

Cobra weave with para cord works for me. I keep mine under my shirt and the scales and the scales make it obvious (to me anyway). Great knife in either case.

I prefer the much prefer the micarta grips.

http://jerkingthetrigger.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/esee-knives-micarta-izula-scales/

img8206.jpg

Back