Photos Your Longest EDC'ed knife

Hi there...
Thought it would be nice to start a thread of pictures of the knives you've EDC'ed the longest. Got the idea when I realised I've carried my CS Recon 1 for 8 years straight!

Still a greenhorn member so I don't think I can post pics yet, but hope you guys do!

I have a Recon 1 with the old ultra lock I've been carrying for 18 years .....

Digicamo G-10, satin plain edge military which I've been carrying since 2015. But the longest blade I carried was a 5 1/2 inch bladed Philippine-made balisong.

Oh wait... the military is the longest-carried modern. The longest I've carried without replacement was an original Gerber bolt action which I must have carried from 1999 to 2012.

I carried a case medium stockman almost everyday fir about 15 years or so.

The in 2007 my unce got me a case stockman ,the larger round bolster version. I carried it for about 6 years until i almost lost it.
There have been others but those are the ones ive carried the longest. The last year or so ive began to carry a modern folder,wither kershaw,benchmade,spyderco or buck,but i still carry a traditional as well

Currently? Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Bought it in September 2013, has been in the rotation ever since.

I carried a SOG mini X-RAY vision for over ten years. Pocket clip broke, and when they sent me a new one, the design had changed and didn't fit. Still have it, though it's very dull and no longer my style.

SAK Fieldmaster, about 25 years (it was called the Officer back then, I think). It has been either in my pocket or in my pack nearly everyday I’ve been out and about in the world since my then girlfriend/ now wife gave me it as a gift. So many other folders have passed through my hands... this one is constant.

My longest EDC'd knife is also close to being my cheapest, my worst for steel & features, and for sure my most beat up ever. It's my work beater Buck Adrenalin which was one of my first modern folders. I bought it as a Christmas present for a nephew back in the early 2000's. My wife asked after its cost and informed me that we didn't like him 40 bucks worth, so I kept it for myself. I carried it most every day and broke the tip off the first time around 2006 while camping with my wife and middle son. Since then, the tip's been broken off and reground a second time with the knife extensively re-profiled accordingly. The finish is all worn away and has been deliberately removed from the blade. The knife is tip down, the lockbar is all the way across, and the blade could not be more off center.

I carry the knife in the bottom of my left front and use it for all the unknifely things--scraping, prying, cutting abrasives, gouging into dirty materials, digging out staples, or cutting up against steel, drywall, etc--that I would never do with all the excellent, expensive work users I carry that see hard duty but are well maintained and used for cutting only. I have a few other beaters, but this little POS is with me almost every day.

O6lU9Ss.jpg

AC0MTxW.jpg

upaRooc.jpg
QIZ99gz.jpg

I was gifted this...I'm not sure when...at least six years ago, maybe longer. I didn't carry it much for a while, but I did carry it pretty regularly for ~5yrs or so.

I don't really carry it now, 'cause the ergonomics kinda suck and I've got knives I like better now. But this is the one that get me interested in knives, and I just got it back from Kershaw freshly sharpened with a deep carry clip. The pics are before I sent it off to get spruced up.

rFuEwv1h.jpg

2cGNwVQh.jpg

TGFtcTjh.jpg

I don't have a picture because it's been gone quite a while now, but my longest carried EDC was an early Spyderco Endura with the plastic molded on clip. I had it for about 15 years until I lost it on a fishing trip. I have an Endura 4 which I rarely carry because I have a lot more knives nowadays.

My Kershaw Blackout has been with me at work nearly everyday since around 2004.
f1Ss8Un.jpg

POLICE SS has been around since 2001 or 2. Just had the tip repaired and resharpened fairly recently. Been enjoying having it in the pocket again.
YvSVe2x.jpg

Damn, with all these “years long” carry times I feel like such a noob. I got my second full sized crooked river over the summer and it has been comfortably riding in the back pocket ever since. To be honest it’s not the best edc (a little too large to be comfortable for most average tasks) but I just really enjoy it so in the back pocket it stays. Brought it to its first day of construction (even though I was a little concerned about beating up a knife that cost more than $30) and I think it’s gonna be a full time job. Can’t wait to cut things!

Throughout the late 80s and early 90s I carried a Spyderco lightweight Goddard... After 1997 it has been all Millie... Millie all the way down...

The longest carried wasn't a modern but an SAK. Wenger Nomad, carried for 31 years, until went MIA somewhere in this house.

I've got several knives with alot of mileage on them.

Case Stockman for about 6 years still carry it occassionally.

Kershaw Leek for about 3 years.

Benchmade 550 for about 3 years.

Buck 110 I bought when I was 16 with grass cutting money. Only ever really carried it in the woods. But I'm 30 now so that's 14 years of faithful service.

Been carrying a Buck 112 for about 4 years. No desire to change. Looks like this one is going to stay awhile.

Longest I've carried for a good long while was my Large Espada, 5.5". Recently, my EDC is between 3 to 4.1".

Back