Your Midget Knife

I have lots of small knives. Got a two inch blade length limit at work. My most frequently carried knife at work is a Spyderco Manbug, with the notable exception in the next paragraph.

I carried a Vic Classic for decades, then switched to a Rambler (same size but with an added cap lifter blade). I found that if I carried it on my key ring, the blades were not useful because my keys got in the way when I tried to use it. But I also found that if I just carry one free riding in my pocket along with my keys, the blade was easy to use and quite adequate for a lot of tasks for which I might normally use a large knife. It's hardly ever the only knife I carry. But I'm also hardly ever without it.

I have lots of small knives. Got a two inch blade length limit at work. My most frequently carried knife at work is a Spyderco Manbug, with the notable exception in the next paragraph.

I carried a Vic Classic for decades, then switched to a Rambler (same size but with an added cap lifter blade). I found that if I carried it on my key ring, the blades were not useful because my keys got in the way when I tried to use it. But I also found that if I just carry one free riding in my pocket along with my keys, the blade was easy to use and quite adequate for a lot of tasks for which I might normally use a large knife. It's hardly ever the only knife I carry. But I'm also hardly ever without it.

Now that you mention it when I carried that Leatherman thingy it was a pain to use when attached to my keys. At the time though I was also carrying a small flash on the ring.
Now I got even more keys; apartment with security, classroom, car with remote, various locks, etc. so I didn't put my Midnight Manager on there thinking it was getting to be a bit much.
Hard to work a small blade when it's attached to two pounds of keys!

Was bad last year when I classrooms in two other buildings.
My room also got broken into so I had to put locks on everything.

image.jpeg

The Bison Designs gated Key Caddy lets you quickly detach tools or make up useful combinations of gewgaws.

And just to satisfy my OCD...

DSC_2881.jpg

Rough Rider Tiny Congress with first year Jefferson nick
Actually I only bought it so that I can post over in the Traditional Forum...

There have been some "smalls" threads over there. I think Jackknife convinced me to give a Case Peanut a try in a thread over there. :D At that time I was carrying #42's and a Vic 111mm two-layer or both about the same size.

Back